Qld Invitational Youth Team 2010 Roll Off Date Change

Hi All

The date for the Roll Offs have been changed to 25 and 26 July, 2009 due to a clash of dates with a TQI roll off.

Remember a requirement is that you bowl a state, zone or association championships.

So all considering rolling off remember State Championships are being held on the 2 and 3 May, 2009 at Suncity Bowl.

Gina

Hello Gina, Just checking, is it ok if i bowl the caboolture youth championships even tho its after the roll offs?

thanks

Brett:)

Just a spot of clarification. You can bowl in whatever Association Champs you want to but you must bowl in your State Championships. Association Champs are not an alternative. This is mandatory and is a requirement of the National Body.
If you live in NQ you are permitted to bowl in the NQ Zone Championships. You may of course seek an exemption however you will need very strong grounds. Exemption requests must be in writing - either email to Gina or hard copy letter to Gina.

Just a spot of clarification. You can bowl in whatever Association Champs you want to but you must bowl in your State Championships. Association Champs are not an alternative. This is mandatory and is a requirement of the National Body.
If you live in NQ you are permitted to bowl in the NQ Zone Championships. You may of course seek an exemption however you will need very strong grounds. Exemption requests must be in writing - either email to Gina or hard copy letter to Gina.

My apologies, that should read a requirement of the State Body

Hi Guys.
I would like to say that all bowlers in youth would bowl in the state championships to be eligible, however we do not have a youth one. If the state championships which we all understand are seen as the adult championships are a criteria, does this mean all juniors must also bowl them? Previousl years we have bowled area youth championships for the reason we have none. Also i can not find anything in the rules of National Youth Challenge that say anything other than you muat follow the format set down by your state or region and any sub committees.
What if we bowl tqi championships or we do our own youth championships
Donsay

The qualifying format hasnt been set out yet, however if the Youth bowlers are old enough to bowl in the Adult Championships it is not unreasonable for the State body to require that. Most of the youth bowlers are young adults and the other State Teams, Seniors Restricted and Adult all have to bowl in the Adult Championships.
Obviously the Juniors cant bowl in an adult Championship but there is nothing to prevent the Youth bowlers from following a perfectly reasonable requirement.

I was just checking, cause i never bowled in the state champs last year? i was told i was able to bowl in the youth championships.. and with all this talk i thought i might just double check...

i think it even said on the Nomination form last year.....

So just to make this clear, do you HAVE to bowl your state championships to be eligible for the roll off? If so, the rolloffs are in May so everyone rolling off for youth team should be at the state champs as the youth rolloff is in July?!?!

Going by what Andrew said "You can bowl in whatever Association Champs you want to but you must bowl in your State Championships. Association Champs are not an alternative." everyone has to bowl state championships to be in. I think its fairly fair, i have to bowl it for Rachuig anyway. But has the championships info been finalised yet?

Oops just read what I wrote part of it made zero sense, wat I meant was the rolloffs are in July therefore anyone who intends to roll off to make the youth team should be at the state champs in May.. is that right?

Hi All Youth Bowlers

I can now confirm that it is not a requirement this year to bowl State Championships.

However there will be required commitment clause on the roll off form.

Gina

Back
Top Bottom