proshops in Sydney

StevenB

the driller at AMF St Marys only drills once a fortnight on a tuesday evening and the next one falls on Australia day and then he has a couple of weeks off so it would be at least 5 weeks to get a ball drilled.

Where in Sydney can my wife and I go?

Steven,

Are you sure it is AMF St.Marys, i have lived in the area for 30 years and i do not recall ever seeing a AMF in St.Marys. There is one at Mt.Druitt which will soon be Rooty Hill.

Anyway that is not important as for ball drillers well there is Doug Elliot out of Tenpin City Lidcombe and also Andrew Cherritt out of AMF Mcarthur just to name 2 off the top of my head but i am sure there are more in other centres i am just letting you know the ones i know of.

Might be worth ringing the centres before taking the drive though to find out when they are in there pro shop.

Michael Mclaren
Tickets for short lol

Hi guys only new to the area but if you want it done right a trip to Jason Doust in Canberra is the way to go his number is 0431477051.

Chris Bateup

yeah Mt Druitt is the one I meant, half asleep on the train when I posted it.

note to self, bowling in Mt Druitt, SSAA in St Marys

Make the trip to Dousty. He has the right equipment to get your fit right. He is the only one I would trust in that area to drill my stuff.

I know everyone has their preferred driller. I know i have mine. To be honest i never had a preffered driller before now. I have been to a lot of drillers. Unfortunately you have to go find out for your self. All i can say is talk to the driller before you get your ball drilled. there are heaps in sydney.
Bob hughes (out of southgate AMF)
John Leo (out of villawood AMF)
As mentioned before
Doug Elliot (out of tenpin city lidcombe)
Chris batson
Andrew Cherritt (with andrew he is at AMF Mcarthur till end of month then he is relocating to his Warehouse) (also his business is called bowlers basement)
Bruno (out of castle hill)

All i can suggest is to scout one out and talk to them or chat to bowlers about them and get them to show you their gear and see the work they have done, id be sure a bowler would be more than happy to do that for you.

I know everyone has their preferred driller. I know i have mine. To be honest i never had a preffered driller before now. I have been to a lot of drillers. Unfortunately you have to go find out for your self. All i can say is talk to the driller before you get your ball drilled. there are heaps in sydney.
Bob hughes (out of southgate AMF)
John Leo (out of villawood AMF)
As mentioned before
Doug Elliot (out of tenpin city lidcombe)
Chris batson
Andrew Cherritt (with andrew he is at AMF Mcarthur till end of month then he is relocating to his Warehouse) (also his business is called bowlers basement)
Bruno (out of castle hill)

All i can suggest is to scout one out and talk to them or chat to bowlers about them and get them to show you their gear and see the work they have done, id be sure a bowler would be more than happy to do that for you.

Opinions are just that in the end i guess
Your right go check a few of them out

40 years of bowling tells me the following

Bob Hughes is an honest ball driller
Lohn Leo Drills balls how he thinks you should have them drilled
Doug Elliot is now a good ball driller and listener, observer of what is needed
Chris Batson is , in my view the best there is
Andrew, I know nothing about

Good luck

Cheers
Geoff

Tonx, your telling him to go to Canberra, over 250 k's to see Jason, when Batson is at Fairfield about 20k's away? Nobody mentioned Cheryl Munson, is she still drilling?

John Leo is he still drilling, he must be 100 by now.

willey

Tonx, your telling him to go to Canberra, over 250 k's to see Jason, when Batson is at Fairfield about 20k's away? Nobody mentioned Cheryl Munson, is she still drilling?

willey

Yes I did.

I have people regularly travel from Queensland and South Australia to utilise the facilities I have in my proshop. What's a couple of hours down the road to guarantee that your fit is going to be right for once and for all?

Jason is daylights ahead of anyone else in that area, in both proshop facilities and ball fitting knowlege. Why not use the best available? The trip only needs to be a once off, because once a fit is recorded and used on a drill press similar to Jasons (or mine) it is matched 100% ongoing.

Tonx, this is something I gotta see, I drilled Balls for 36 years but haven't touched one for 5 years now. Do they have these drills in Queensland as I heading up there next week.

willey

The presses basically take "operator error" out of the equation.

If I was still drilling balls properly in a shop, that's what I'd be looking for... however, I'm in Tasmania. Fat chance of that.

willey

Cheryl Munson is in NT
John Leo is 165 N.O.

willey
john leo is still drilling at amf villawood, the centre that replaced fairfield

lol... yeah John still drilling, retiring end of this year.. he also work out of liverpool bowl-a- rama.. Well John drill my first ball 13 years ago and well I think personally his one of the best. =).

Driving down to see Jason Doust is well worth it!!

Once Jason has your measurements he can (and does) replicate the feeling that you are happy with on each of your bowling balls. He is the best ball driller i have ever had - and that is no offence to others, but the equipment he has allows him to make each and every ball feel exactly the way you want it. He is also happy to provide tips (as he is a Level 2 coach) on ways to improve your game and is up to speed with the latest bowling ball releases whether he stocks them or not, something i dont think is the case with some drillers in Sydney.

Jason bowls in the NSW Sport Series and if anyone let him know in advance, i am sure he would be happy to chat with them, work out their measurements and offer some tips after he has finished bowling.

Back
Top Bottom