Proposed Tournament for the 45's and over

CY

Since the demise of the 45 year olds being able to bowl in the Seniors Cups, I approached the owner of Gosford City Bowl with the idea of a 1 day tournment for the 45's and over. He has agreed with me that there is a huge gap for us 45 year olds to be able to compete competitively in the adult tournaments. So the proposed tournament would run along the lines of x amount of games total pinfall, then the top x amount of bowlers would then bowl x games with the winner being the highest pinfall over the x number of games.

The number of games would also be dependent on the numbers but would be a minimum of 8 games and then the cut to the top x number with a further say 4 games.

Cost of tournament would be dependent of the number of bowlers wishing to compete, and prize money would also obviously be based on the number of entries.

If I can get the numbers the tournment would go ahead. So all you 45 year old bowlers and over who would be interested in bowling this tournment please leave your name on this post so that I can monitor the numbers to get this tournament up and running.

This tournment is not in association with any of the senior tournaments or the ATBSO. This would be a purely independent tournment with TBA rules and regulations. No ranking points would apply.

Also any suggestion as what month as to not clash with any other tournment, would be appreciated as to get the maximum number of bowlers.

If you want this to happen get your names down asap the sooner we get some feed back the sooner we can get this up and running.

Carolyn Young

That would be well & good, but what about us 'just on 50 year olds' who are not able to bowl in open tourneys as we only have a low average (currently 112) and a disabiltiy.

I have been in the Seniors for the last 3 years (I did not know about them until I was asked if I wanted to bowl with them) and have yet to see a tourney with a Restricted section so that we can have a bowl.

I do not care if there are ranking points or not, I just want to bowl for as long as I can, and at a fair price.

And yes, I turn 50 tomorrow (16/7).

Suzi :)

Details of ATBSO are available here: http://www.atbso.org/

There is a Restricted section and you can compete for your State at that level. ATBSO covers all ages from 45 and up. It is only the Seniors Ranking Tournaments that require you to be 50+

Hope this helps.

(Happy birthday for tomorrow :bday:)

Why can't Seniors Rank Tournaments be opened to 45-49.363 year olds and this group does not score ranking points.

eg Sample Tournament Results

1 Joe Bloggs 46year old
2 Bob Smith 50 year old First Place Senior ranking points
3 John Rogers 47 year old
4 Wally Grout 75 year old Second Place Senior ranking points

if the 45-49.363 year olds weren't competing then the ranking would be exactly the same, in this manner it would open the tournaments up again and give some of the youngsters (LOL) an opportunity to ready themselves to enter the Senior points ranking later down the track.

The Seniors ranking points came into line with international guidelines to keep everything uniformed, but maybe there is another ruling that prevents what I have suggested as being an option??

Hi Carolyn

I am interested in bowling in the tournament.I will check a few dates and contact you.
Julie Hird

Guys, I was in the ACT Graded (now Restricted) team in 2004 who won in Melbourne at the Nationals, and have made this year's team for Hobart.

What I am wondering was if and when there is going to be a Restricted and under 50 section to the Seniors' ranking tourneys?

If you make/have made Hobart, see you there.

Suzi

Thanks Julie for that feedback, as yet I have only seen I positive response to the proposed tournament, is there anyone out there interested in bowling in a tournament like this if so please put your name down, as I stated in my original post if there are enough interested bowlers we can get this tournament up and running.

Carolyn

Back
Top Bottom