President Shield W A

A

Allen J

There has been some discussion on this forum re the W A Shield Team

There are 6 level 2 coaches in W A 3 are High Performance 1, the other coach is a High performance 2.
2 days before nominations closed there were no applications for coach, or manager.

Why weren't there applications from the suitably qualified level 2 coach's?
If there were no applications for Coach or Manager received by the nominated closing date, there may not have even been a roll off.

When I found out that there were no nominations for Coach, or Manager, I e-mailed an application for coach.
My Daughter Michele also applied as Manager for the young ladies team. Michele stated that she had no experience as a team Manager, and that she would need some help as she did not know all the procedures and requirements.

I spent a lot of time, and considerable expense, developing a programme. The training programme was photocopied, and put into a display folder, included in the folder was a photocopy, of the rules for the President shield Tournament. None of the team members can say that they do not know the tournament rules. There was a copy of the codes of behaviour obtained from the W A Ministry of sport. Team members including the reserves were given a copy of the programme.
The training programme outlined the training for the next 26 weeks.
The team members were asked to show the programme to their personal coach, and if there was anything in it that he/she were concerned about, to contact me to discuss their concerns. None of the coachs contacted me, so I assumed that they were happy with the programme.

The first 4 to six weeks of training I was focusing on rhythm, timing and balance. Then personal numbers, spare shooting systems, lane conditions and analysis, etc, etc
Week 3 the Australia long day long weekend training was optional, those going away were excused, the others were given the option of training if they wished to. Two bowlers did attend, and I was told that they got a lot out of it.

Yes I did ask the team to decide if they wanted me as coach. There were several underlying reasons as to why this question was asked.

Bowlers not turning up for training, and no notification explaining their absences.

Bowlers arriving late for training, when asked why giggle and walk off.

Week 2 of training I talked about tempo steps and timing. A bowler with a 5-step delivery was adamant that the Push-away is on the first step. I asked him how he did that and he said that was how his coach taught him and that was how he was going to do it. He refused to discuss or try any other options.

2 to 3 of the girls went off the lanes after each bowl talking to their friend’s etc, when asked to stay on the lanes they shrugged their shoulders giggled and continued to leave the lanes. Shows their level of commitment doesn’t it.
(I was told that Alison and Emily were an hour late for the meeting at Cannington)

One of the guys asked about getting more revolutions on the ball, I went through the rotation drills and showed how to control the ball revs using that technique. The following week I asked him how he was going with it. Another of the boys said that his coach told him what I showing them was a load of crap, and rubbish. The other coach (a level 1) did not contact me to discuss any of it.

Adrien you said on this forum that you did not want to travel to Kelmscott, and that you were not taught anything. I showed you some techniques on the second week of training, you didn’t attend training week 3 (optional) or week 4, and did not notify me that you were not coming to training. I cannot follow up or teach you if you are not there can I? Rumour has it that you went to a party or something?

It was getting to the point that the team members were not listening to what I was endeavouring to teach them, although some were. Consistently late or not bothering to attend at all. A programme that was based on Queensland model was treated as rubbish. Three to four weeks into a new programme is hardly enough time too effectively evaluate it. I was being undermined by level 1 coach/s. I felt that I was wasting my time.
Adrien you say that there are 4 coachs ready to fill the void, as stated before there are only 6 suitably qualified coachs in W A.
I dare say this post will cause me some grief, but there were some reasons why the question was asked.

Over the years there have been a lot of issues in WA that, have not been dealt with correctly, or have been swept under the carpet.
I apologise for the length of this post.
Good luck and best wishes to all the teams for President Shield 2004
Allen J

I have no idea what is really going on apart from what i've read in these forums. And at the risk of sounding like an 'oldy' (even though i'm only 29), if what i've read in the post above is true then it doesn't sound like any of the juniors that made the shield team DESERVE to represent our state.

Making it into the Shield team should be looked at as being an honour, an honour to represent your state in the sport you love.

I think what the bowlers in this year's shield teams must remember:

YOUR POSITION IN THE TEAM IS NOT SET IN STONE --- ANYONE CAN BE REPLACED AT ANY TIME!!!

And on your nomination forms, in the tournament conditions section, it states the reasons how bowlers can be replaced.

You might want to have that in the back of your mind this Sunday at training.

Yes I did say 4 coaches were willing to fill the void, but I didnt say that they were going to travel with us over east. I did say, however, that they were WILLING TO HELP US at training.

As for what you said Luke, there has to be a reason for a bowlers dismissal from the team (not following the conditions on the nomination form). Noone can be dropped just like that.

There are other factors in the matter of WA Shield, but I will not discuss them on here, for I dont want the rest of Australia to read it, and use it to their advantage when we go away to shield.

Chris, I do agree with you. It is an honour to represent your state in President Shield, in the sport you love. But when the arguing, backstabbing and such goes on, it makes you think twice about it. That is the main reason why alot of bowlers, coaches and managers pull out/do not put in an application towards Shield.

I'm sure that if anyone (besides the parents now) had a son/daughter in the team, they would appalled by all of this, appalled by the bickering and would surely pull their child out of the team. Its already happed three times this year. Three girls have resigned from the team.

I honestly feel for the first year bowlers. They had not been in the predicament before, and now with all of this, they might never try out again. And we have some talented bowlers, but because of this utter crap, they consider the option of pulling out.

So I say now, enough with this about West Australian shield, let the bowlers concentrate on improving their abilities and not having them worry about what the rest of Aust. thinks about them.

Later
Adrian

What I have forgot to mention is that I have explained this all 4 TIMES in 4 OTHER TOPICS of the same nature.

I also explained that at training last week, the team and I mean JUST THE BOWLERS had a meeting, in which we discussed rules, training and how they feel about the whole situation. We also talked about captains, and I explained the captains role in the team.

if what i've read in the post above is true then it doesn't sound like any of the juniors that made the shield team DESERVE to represent our state.

Everyone in this team DESERVES to represent this state. They all bowled well in the trials, so they got their spot in the team. Everyone last Sunday pulled their weight and listened to their set coach, did the drills, spare shooting etc and all looked as if they wanted to be there.

There are 6 level 2 coaches in W A 3 are High Performance 1, the other coach is a High performance 2.
2 days before nominations closed there were no applications for coach, or manager.

To someone like me, that means something. It means there are 6 level 2, 3 with HP1 and 1 with a HP2. To alot of the other shield bowlers, that means nothing. Alot of them dont know the difference between a Level 1, Level 2 HP 1, or Level 2 HP 2. To them a coach is some who is there ready and willing to help them with any problems they have with their bowling. And a bowler with a personal coach will most likely only listen to that one person, no matter what level that coach is on.

Im sorry for the amount of posts about this, but this is really starting to get out of hand.

W.A Shield Problems, nothing new

What is happening in the West?

It seems that the monkeys have all escaped and are running the zoo!!!!!!!

One could say that the problems that is happening with W.A. Shield goes back as far as 1991, when I was in the Shield team, and Allen Jones, then a Level 1 Assistant Coach, to Eileen Peterson, and Ken Thompson. there were events that happened on that particular tour, that should of never have happend, however, I will not go into much details. If any one wants specifics, you can contact Allen Jones or Ian Jones at Kelmscott Tenpin Bowl,
Phone 08 9399 4400
email [email protected]

Ian Jones

Kelmscott Tenpin Bowl

One could say that the problems that is happening with W.A. Shield goes back as far as 1991, when I was in the Shield team, and Allen Jones, then a Level 1 Assistant Coach, to Eileen Peterson, and Ken Thompson. there were events that happened on that particular tour, that should of never have happend, however, I will not go into much details. If any one wants specifics, you can contact Allen Jones or Ian Jones at Kelmscott Tenpin Bowl,

Ill make a time to call tomorrow and find out exactly what happened in shield over 10 years ago....!!!!!! NOT

I bowled shield in '96 and it is still one of the best memories I have of bowling....

Re: W.A Shield Problems, nothing new

Ososober said:
Phone 08 9399 4400
email [email protected]

Um I do think that this topic is pretty well said, and if you dont know what is going on then you must be illiterate.

Like Clinton, I have some fond memories of my first shield year (ha 2002) and last years shield...

To Allen
why are u telling all of world this cos you are only making trouble for your state maybe you should of written a letter to the bowlers in the team about it and then they would of been the only ones to know not the rest of the world correct me if im wrong but wasnt 1 of the people that pulled out sylvia that just made the asian schools team??? and if the bowlers didnt want to represent there state why would they bother wasting there money trying out in the first place i will tell you why they tried out cos they wanna bowl for there state!!! and to name names on there thats just not right and would make those few bowlers that you did name feel terrible you should of spoken to them in person rather than on here. But if your really needed to post on here (which you didnt) you could of at least done it in the wa section rather than the main forum.

Shield 91

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: what happend in 1991, i will tell, execpt i will not put coaches names,

on the last day that the W.A. team was in canberra, one of the coaches (girls team) gave to the girls two bottles of Bourbon Spirits, (all the girls were underage and a part of of a Junior sporting event).

i think everyone can figure out that this should not have happend and should never of been allowed to happen.

suffice to say, both coaches should of have been stripped of all coaching positions and never been allowed to coach again.

Now, both coaches involved are still coaching, and they have made Allen's life as a coach in W.A. hell, as he tried to get the two coaches involved suitibly dealt with, and he was told that if he wrote this event up in his report that was tabled at the State meeting he would regret it.

he did write up this event in his report, and now, ever since, they (other coachs involved) have attacked allen on the grounds that he is no good as a coach, as their only defence against allen, is attack and put him down.

It is time this past came out, and i wonder if any copy of that report from 1991 is still available.

To Allen
why are u telling all of world this cos you are only making trouble for your state

the state has been making trouble to Allen since 1991, and I am no longer tollerating it.

1 of the people that pulled out sylvia that just made the asian schools team

on the first week or training, sylvia wilson's parent/guardian asked allen "should she pull sylvia out now or later"

so that shows what attitude that Pat( Sylvia wilson's parent/guardian) had towards Allen Jones

Also, at that time, it was mentioned to Allen, that Sylvia works some Sundays, but no mention was made that sylvia would not be able to attend training because she was trying out for Asian School Team.

YOUR POSITION IN THE TEAM IS NOT SET IN STONE --- ANYONE CAN BE REPLACED AT ANY TIME!!!
to true, it is the bowlers that can and should be replaced, not the coach appointed by the State Association. The bowlers can not be able to "sack" a coach, that role is the role of the State Association. which by the way, has not had a meeting on this issue yet, as i am also a SVD.

you could of at least done it in the wa section rather than the main forum

if it was to be left in W.A. nothing different would have been done, as nothing has been done for 13 years. That is why Allen decided to put this topic into the main forum, so that more people would read it, and maybe force a change for the better in W.A. and also maybe some of the history could be uncovered and acted upon.

It is about time that the truth was put out there for the rest of the county to know, and I hope it helps shed some light on the current events of what is happening in W.A. Shield

If anyone has a problem with the truth, then get out of the game.

Buy the Way, i do not appologise for the long post

These views are not those of Kelmscott Tenpin Bowl nor the views of any one else execpt the personed named below

:evil: :evil: Ian Jones
private email
[email protected]

Hi all

i dont know about you but i am personally sick of all this crap going on and it is just degrading the whole of western australia. So could we please put a stop to it all??

I know that all the shield bowlers want to do is train and improve their games without any of this crap going on in the background. (I should no cos i am one of the shield bowlers).

To u ian, i dont no why u insist on pusuing the matter. What's been done has been done and let that be that

l8r

Re: Shield 91

[quote="Ososober']

to true, it is the bowlers that can and should be replaced, not the coach appointed by the State Association. The bowlers can not be able to "sack" a coach, that role is the role of the State Association. which by the way, has not had a meeting on this issue yet, as i am also a SVD.

[/quote]

And as a SVD you should know more than anyone else that what you say will reflect on your centre, and with Kelmscott in the state it is now, I'm sure you wouldn't want it to get any worse. You, by airing this, is just as guilty of any wrong doings as the bowlers that have supposedly started all this.

And as for "sacking" the coach, THERE IS NO POINT IN HAVING SOMEONE AS A COACH IF THEY DO NOT HAVE THE RESPECT OF THE BOWLERS!!!

The bowlers can speak to the association at any time about how the training is going from the team's point of view, and any problems or difficulties they are having. THEY DO HAVE AS MUCH OF A VOICE AS THE COACH AND MANAGERS - so they can suggest to the association about getting a replacement coach... whether that is followed up is a totally different matter.

Allen even asked the team
to decide if they wanted me as coach
. Sure, there were reasons for him asking, but he did take the first step by putting the question to the team.

I'll be at Cannington on Sunday to see some of the guys and girls in the team and see first hand how much this unneccessary bull is affecting them... and I wouldn't mind having a little chat with you, Ian, about this... so hopefully you will be there.

I am lost for words........

Not for what happened in 1991, but for the fact you thought it necessay to post on here in regards to it....

It seems that the monkeys have all escaped and are running the zoo!!!!!!!

I think their running a bowl somehwere!! Not a Zoo!! :shock:

WA Shield Crisis

What has WA bowling come to when a major decision such as who will coach the team is left up to children?? Make no mistake about it...control has been lost and chaos runs supreme here in the west - we make rules, but nobody has to stick to them, we have people in charge, but nobody has to listen. The decision makers in this state need to take a serious look at themselves and restore order before all the good people are lost to bowling forever. I think people need to stop looking at the past for poeple to blame and look at the current decision makers who have allowed this situation to occur. As a past member of numerous Shield teams I have fantastic memories of my time representing WA. I have a young child now who absolutely loves bowling, but there is no way in hell I would allow him to become mixed up with the crazy world of representative bowling here in WA!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom