Personal thanks

DaleS

I would personally like to publicly thank someone on here who sometimes gets bagged, sometimes puts his foot in his mouth when speaking his mind, but consistently performs both here & overseas.

Last night my youngest daughter got her first resin bowling ball for her birthday. Of course we had to get it drilled and there was only one person she would even talk to.....someone that she knew only through sitting in a bowling centre and talking to him about a Nintendo DS game....George Fillingos...she didn't know that he is the #1 ranked bowler in the country, only that he bowled a bit and played Nintendo DS.

When asked George was more than happy to drill the ball for her (at no cost) he also spent at least 45 minutes of his time both before he drilled the ball & after he drilled the ball on the lanes with her.

You don't get alot of pats on the back on here George, but from the bottom of both my and Debbie's heart thankyou, you made a little girls night and you now have a new #1 fan.

Good to hear a positive on here Dale!

Well done George, you're an inspiration on and off the lanes!

How long will it be before we see her on the circuit Dale! If she takes after her parents at all, she will be a formidable force on the womens circuit! ;)

P.S. My birthday is not until late next year, but I have my eye on a 920A ;) hint,hint, nudge,nudge! :D LOL!

Mate it was a pleasure, no problem at all. Can't wait to hear about her first 200 with that Tropical Storm :D

Well done George. Not many top class players put enough time back into the sport. Dale, great to hear we have another little champion in the making.I wish her all the best of luck. Once again top effort George.
Cheers Lovey

Yes good job George. But a question begs. Did you drill the ball lefthanded? Cheers Ralph.

Good question and no..she is right handed...but I know of a younger relative of mine that is bowling with a dominant left hand but two handed........ :D

Ah Yes.... a true sports person you are buddy, hope all is well mate, see ya in the new year....from your mexican leftie...Carl.... P.S... & to you Debbie i hope you bowl your socks off & shoot many a 200 game :))

Well said Dale. I witnessed George some weeks ago now on the Wednesday night @ Logan City give an up and coming junior a tip or two on where to play on the right. This junior then went 7 in a row and beat George that game. What more can you say but when it comes down to it George, you are the guru when it comes to knowledge and passing it on is brilliant. By the way the junior in question was Matthew Cox (another star of our game for years to come).

Back
Top Bottom