PBA Bowling computer game petition

Big Paulie

Pennywise
I stumbled across this online petition, and thought the total bowling members might be interested in signing it.

http://www.petitiononline.com/pbavgame/petition.html

I'm not sure if it will accomplish anything, but I have yet to come across a decent bowling game (on any platform) and figure that this may be a good opportunity to push for one.

Make sure you click 'private' to ensure that your email address is not displayed.

Cheers! :)

it would be a good idea what platform would it be ideal for though?

i agree i was playing a black market bowling game just yesterday and i thought that it was so unrealistic it was just boring to play because of that fact.

This kinda thing pops up every year or so and for some reason it never gathers enough steam to get a game out of it.
Lets hope this time is different as a good bowling game for any platform would be a godsend.

i remember finding some where here a link to a game called fastlanes bowling.

It has a free demo but you can buy the whole game for $15 approx on credit card.

While the game play is a bit limited tournament and skins wise. It plays fairly real with u adjusting revs, ball type and weight as well as angles and lines.
I only got it in December so im sure its still on the net.

Ninja299 said:
i remember finding some where here a link to a game called fastlanes bowling.
It has a free demo but you can buy the whole game for $15 approx on credit card.
While the game play is a bit limited tournament and skins wise. It plays fairly real with u adjusting revs, ball type and weight as well as angles and lines.
I only got it in December so im sure its still on the net.

Yeah i got the full version of the game. It's not bad, no real features. I can score close to 300, if not 300 everytime.

The game I found the most realistic is PBA Bowling when you can bowl with the American Pro's. Man if I knew how to code a game I could make one myself. All the 3D Work I do beats the game graphics that are out now. I made my own bowling lanes, pins etc. Came out pretty damn good. But we really need a decent game with loads of features. I'm all for it.

The best bowling game is without a doubt Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling. Its from many years back though.
The auto run wont run the game but the shortcut will in XP. Still this one problem (caused by XP) doesnt hurt it at all. The game features ongoing stats and the pba tour where you can also win money in the game. Also has a skins tourny and cosmic bowling.

Its great, but bowlers around the world do need a new great bowling game.

taken from http://www.ybtba.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=868

Game needs to be on either xbox 360 or playstation 3, 360 is favourite id say
a deal has to be done with microsoft

16 of the worlds top players are digitised and scanned into the game frame
secret unlockable players like tim mack etc
bonus comedy unlockable players
career mode- work through practice/league/tournaments to qualify for your country
euro mode - euro tour ie all the open's around europe
games mode - mini games like target,golf,carnival
create a player mode - make your player look just like you or to use with the new gen eyetoy camera's out soon
its now possible to have your face in games and could be a usefull addition to the game
online mode - up to 32 players can play online in sponsored events like xbox classic or sony open
online mode - play against a friend anywhere in the world or in the many online events like matchplay,doubles,trios,etc
online mode - special events where you can play against the likes of Chris Barnes, paul moor, tim mack, Jason Belmonte, thomas leanderson and more
euro and world rankings mode- your online battles place you up or down on the online rankin system, could you be the worlds best

plus also listed at site, full linked list of past bowling games

Java Tenpin Games:

Pro Bowling
Bricks N Bowling
Bowling

Game Boy Advance Tenpin Games

Bowling 1
Bowling 2
10 Pin Bowling

Playstation1 Tenpin Games

Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling
Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling 2
King Of Bowling 3 (Psone)
Big Strike Bowling
King of Bowling 2

PlayStation2 Tenpin Games

Bowling Xciting
Black Market Bowling
Strike Force Bowling

PC Tenpin Games

Fast Lanes Bowling
Flintstones: Bedrock Bowling
TOPICS ENTERTAINMENT 3D Bowling
Arcade Bowling
Bowling Mania
10 Pin Bowling Fever (J-Case)

NEOGEO Pocket Colour

Neo-Geo AES Cartridge: League Bowling

At the moment, I'm doing the Cert 4 Game Art course, which is based entirely for learning about games and 3d modelling and all that. I've learnt so much about the games industry, but I don't see why they can't make a decent bowling game. I've designed my own bowling lanes and a centre all in 3d, and the results were awesome. It actually looks like a proper bowling centre, not like the graphics that are current on these new bowling games.

It's easy to create the animation and the 3d models for a bowling game. You create 1 bowling lane, and keep duplicating it to get 12 or 24 lanes, depending on how many you want. Same with 3d models. You build 1 3d model and then clone it, just modifying the face and body to get a body like a real life pro. So modelling is no problem. The coding is always the more difficult, and a bowling game shouldn't be hard at all.

With the xbox 360, they can handle alot of characters and models doing things at one time. You can have a full on tournament, with you being surrounded by other bowlers, not just 3 or 4 at a time. Check out the game dead rising for xbox 360. They've got over 100 full 3d models coming after one dude at the same time and still runs smooth.

If your going to make a bowling game, it does need to be realistic. Here is a few additions to what you suggested I think should be made in there.

1. The top bowlers from around the world. Like Leanderson, Walter Ray Williams, even Australians should be there.

2. Career Mode - What you suggested doesn't have lastability. Mini games and qualifying gets tiring very quickly. Career Mode should be the point of focus, the main thing in the game. Needs definately to have a development stage, where you start off bowling, you have bowling styles to chose from, feet sliding, how you hold the ball, etc. So you really get into the game.

3. Also Career Mode should have you practicing on a Sunday or whatever day, to improve your skill. Certain skills can be obtained in practice, but more skills should be upgraded in a proper game. Like pressure to make the big shots or something. Everytime you stay in the game with a spare or strike, or hold your nerve to win, your emotion skill should increase. Just got to add something like that to be exciting.

4. I totally agree with you with licensing players, but if it's for xbox 360, 16 needs to change to 32 players at least. It's next gen, and I think pro players they want to use for the game, shouldn't be that hard to license for the game. PBA Bowlers need to be there.

5. Game Modes - No mini games. In bowling in general, if you want to make this authentic, nobody plays mini games in real bowling. Adding this would make the game not as realistic. Game Modes needed - Practice, League, World Tournament, League Tournament, Local Tournament, PBA Tournament, Custom Tournament. Also to have rolloffs to get into a team, to support your Country, because including states will become tricky and hard, so stick to Countries instead.

I know it's alot but I have loads more ideas. If your designing it for an xbox 360, all ideas listed from me and everyone else is very reasonable.

To make this work, steer clear from a small company and go for a medium - big company who has a love for the game. EA Sports I like them, but not so sure they can deliver a decent game. Being that the last realistic bowling game was Brunswick Pro Circuit Bowling in 1998, chances are whoever builds it, should be fitted a decent size budget. Best way to get your voice heard isn't a petition in this case. Email directly to the game companies and you will have better success. If Rockstar can make Table Tennis work and be awesome, maybe Companies will see the chance in bowling. :D

Yeah but if they do make it, then we all just have to hope that they dont just release it in NTSC format like alot of the games i play. The best ever car game like the NFSU series, was a game called tokyo extreme racing, they made 2 more and they look incredible, but my NTSC PS2 died... so i never got to play em.. yay for making it, but honestly i dont think they will release it over here unless we can get one of our own on it... eg cara, belmo, carol or george maybe!!! who knows IT MAY BE FRAWLES!!! that would be incredible

only way to market in all area's is to have region formatted games

ie european version includes likes of,

Paul Moor, Thomas Leanderson, Zara Glover, Nina Flack, Osku Palermaa, Kai Virtanen, Kirsten Penny, Fiona Banks, Britt Bröndsted, Isabelle Saldjian, Stu Williams, Jens Nickel and more.

Oceanic/Asia version includes likes of,

Jason Belmonte, Ann marie Putney, Brandon Qualischefki, Rebecca Simpson, Alex Liew, Shalin Zulkifli, Wu Siu Hong, Mubarak Al-Muraikhi, Andrew Frawley, Wendy Chai, Kim Eun-Jung, Liza Del Rosario

USA Version includes likes of

Norm Duke, Pete Weber, Walter Ray Williams Jr, Parker Bohn III, Chris Barnes, Amleto Monacelli, Brian Voss, Jason Couch, Linda Barnes, Diandra Asbaty, Stefanie Nation, Lynne Gauthier, Shannon Pluhowsky, Olivia Sandham, Samantha Linder

each region gets its own styled version and when you go online all regions play together in one world game. So basically each region can market the players they want to and when the game goes online USA can play Euro can play Asia and in one big pool of players.

that way everyone is happy with their own region version of game and chance to play against players online and not on their copy of game

Yeah would be a good edition. Can even have unlockable people, say for instance the older guys, like Mark Roth and Johnny Paraglia (not sure if that's right) and others.

there was supposed to be PBA Tour 2005 or 2004 or something out on PS2. But it never amounted to anything because there isnt high demand for bowling games :(

Look how popular mobile phone games are with bowling. They sell so damn well. So many people go bowling casually as well. Anyone that loves bowling is going to want a proper game out, not just some poor one with minimal budget. I don't see companies asking us if we would like a game out. I think it will be more successful than they think. Look how Rockstar's table tennis turned out. There's not a high demand for table tennis, but everyone likes the game. Other companies should take notes of this.

Back
Top Bottom