PBA and Columbia300 announce Sponsorship deal

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
PBA and Columbia 300 announce Sponsorship Deal
Columbia 300 to receive event entitlement for 2006 Long Island Classic

The Professional Bowlers Association (PBA) announced today Columbia 300 has reached an agreement to become an official sponsor of the PBA. Columbia 300 will now become an official supplier of high performance bowling balls for the PBA.

As part of the agreement, Columbia 300 will receive event entitlement of the 2006 Long Island Classic, Dec. 13-17, 2006 at AMF Babylon Lanes in West Babylon, N.Y.

"We are very pleased Columbia 300 has signed on as a sponsor," said PBA Commissioner and CEO Fred Schreyer. "Columbia 300 has been a loyal supporter of the PBA at the grassroots level for years and we now look forward to working with them as a full sponsor as they are one of the most recognizable names in the bowling industry."

Columbia 300 will receive commercial spots on all ESPN telecasts as well as signage at all Denny's PBA Tour events during the 2006-07 season.

As an additional feature of the sponsorship, Columbia 300 will receive naming rights for five PBA Pro-Am events during the season and will handle ball sales for all five Columbia 300 Pro-Am events. The five Pro-Ams will be held in Taylor, Mich.; West Babylon, N.Y.; Baltimore, Md.; Fountain Valley, Calif.; and Henderson, Nev.

"Columbia 300 is proud to be an official supplier of high performance bowling balls for the PBA, and delighted with our growing PBA relationship," said Chip Zielke, Columbia Industries EVP of Sales and Marketing. "The Columbia 300 commitment to professional bowling and bowling in general has never been stronger. We look forward to a fantastic PBA season, the opportunity to showcase an incredible line of Columbia 300 bowling balls, and the continued strengthening of our PBA commitment."

The 2006-07 Denny's PBA Tour season begins Sept. 20-24 with the Dydo Japan Cup 2006 in Tokyo, Japan. The season picks up in the U.S. with the 2006 USBC Masters in Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 24-29. The 2006 Columbia 300 Classic will be the ninth of 21 events on the Tour schedule.

There are some significant things happening Internationally also with Columbia in 2007. Stay tuned for big things to come!

So George win a ball coming soon?

Gary.................................................:cool:

If what i've read in other places on the net is true there might be a bit of a 'buzz' going around Columbia soon too!!!

AdrianS said:
If what i've read in other places on the net is true there might be a bit of a 'buzz' going around Columbia soon too!!!

Hmmmm, not sure if you are on the right track here if what I think you are implying is what you are actually implying. A more accurate hint may have been:

"If what i've read in other places on the net is true, there might be a bit of a 'bomb' dropped around Columbia soon too..."

tonx said:
Hmmmm, not sure if you are on the right track here if what I think you are implying is what you are actually implying. A more accurate hint may have been:
"If what i've read in other places on the net is true, there might be a bit of a 'bomb' dropped around Columbia soon too..."

i hope the buzz and bomb balls gets lil bit cheaper so i can afford one.

All I can say at the moment is that Columbia is committed to the sport of bowling and will be investing a lot of money into the sport at a variety of levels. There's more announcements to come, stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom