Paeng goes 'perfect' twice in 7 days

Kellie

Facebook Rocks
Republished courtesy of People's Journal Online - Philippines (Oct. 9, 2007)

A few days after winning Australia's most prestigious bowling tournament, the South Pacific Classic in Melbourne, Australia, Paeng Nepomuceno, achieved a rare feat by rolling two perfect 300 games in seven days.

He first rolled a perfect 300 game in the masters finals of the Singapore Open on September 29 and again duplicated the feat on Oct. 6 at the masters finals of the ITBA Open in Imus, Cavite.

Paeng, now 50, is showing no signs of slowing down. He has won 118 career masters titles which is a world record.

Paeng, who is the USBC (United States Bowling Congress) International Ambassador for bowling said, "Bowling has been my passion. I have been bowling for almost four decades and will continue to bowl as long as I can."

"Not even my age is going to slow me down. One of the reasons why I am still in great shape is because of my fitness regimen" said Nepomuceno who still sports a six pack abdomen.

"I work out at the gym four to five times a week, I go cycling and swimming for my cardiovascular activity when not in the gym."

Paeng is the only bowler in the world to have won the World Cup four times and was named FIQ Bowling Athlete of the Millennium and holds two unbroken records in the Guinness Book of World records. Being a hall of famer, his seven foot image is displayed in the entrance of the International bowling and hall of fame museum based in St. Louis, Missouri, USA.

This was taken from www.bowlingdigital.com

Back
Top Bottom