NTS Squad for 2003

Here is a list of the people have made "mens adult" squad.

Jason Belmonte
Anthony Flynn
Mark Foster
Andrew Frawley
George Frillingos
Adam Goldberg
Cameron Jenkins
Jarrod Lean
Michael Little
Andrew Lloyd
Andrew Mcarthur
Michael Muir
Sam Nucifora
Matt O'brien
Clinton Phelps
Christian Purdue
Zane Que
Matthew Riley
Sam Romeo
Scott Sadler
Paul Trotter
Ronald Voukolos
Jason Walsh
Vaughan White

Cheers

Mark Foster

Ladies Adult National Training Squad...

Jo Babic
Janet Baker
Narelle Baker
Debbie Baldock
Amanda Bradley
Sue Cassell
Chelsey Downie
Cathy Elwell
Jayde Flanagan
Shelly Fragall
Michelle Halprin
Leigh Harris
Bobbi-Jo Kalcher
Kelly Kantor
Katie Kotteakos
Sharron Mckay
Ann-Maree Putney
Emma Rutten
Natalie Shelley
Martina Smith
Sam Warby
Kelly Warren
Kate Wilton
Toni Woodcock

There is only 24 names here I think, weren't the squads open to 30 bowlers in each? Anyway... If someone else can post YOUTH divisions that would be faaaaaantasic..

I have a question regarding the MALE YOUTH squad.. How is it that a male youth bowler, who didn't even nominate for NTS, has been selected??!?!!? What? How? Where? WHAAAAAAAT!!!!

If someone could explain this, it would be fantastic as the bowler invovled apparently didn't even know this was gonna happen til he checked the letter box and got his little yellow envelope... :roll:

Anyway, congrats to all in the NTS.. Well done!

Martina

Youth Male National Training Squad

Jason Belmonte
Andrew Blissett
Stephen Cowland
Dane Cuthbert
Drew Russell
Daniel Grendon
Brendan Hanton
Matthew Kanafa
Robert Kennedy
Jamie Kyriacou
Jarrod Lean
Glen Loader
Joel Lovegrove
Craig McCloskey
Nathan McNamara
Matthew Middlemiss
Jason Mooney
Kieran Mott
Matthew O'Brien
Robert O'Reilly
David Porto
Brandon Qualischefski
Philip Ramsay
Matthew Rogers
Luke Rowland
Matthew Sing
Chris Slattery
Robert Townsend
Nathan Young
Michael Zentveld

Well thats the Youth Male list done now we're just waiting on the Youth Female list.
Congrats to all the Bowlers who have been selected for the National Training Squads.

Youth Ladies Squad for 2003 is:

Carly Allen
Sarah-Jayne Arnold
Amanda Barrott
Kimberley Barry
Michelle Cottrell
Samantha Fisher
Jayde Flanagan
Amanda Frost
Kelly Gardner
Michelle Halprin
Clair Johnson
Sally Kerr
Kerry-Ann Klop
Yvette Lawton
Leisa Lumsden
Tracey Madden
Kellie Montgomery
Lauren Mooney
Kate Murry
Melissa Pryor
Lisa Quaedvlieg
Reese Leckie
Jessica Starkey
Toni Woodcock
Marnie Young

Congratulations to all bowlers who made their respective Training Squads.

well done to all bowlers who made the national training squads :lol: :lol:

just a question, how does someone be in the youth and the adult training squad?

justa point of curiosity... question one(1) correct me if im wrong, but, i was under the impression that u had to send in a nomination and $50 if u wanted a shot at selection in a training squad..

if this is true.. refer question two(2)..
question (2) why and how was a bowler selected who didnt nominate or send $50 in? and why were a number of bowlers chased for their forms and $50????
is this a classic example of its not what u know or can do but, who u know and what they can do for u???

maybe the tba could help on this issue :roll:

I wouldnt expect a reply from TBA on this topic, nor any other topic to be honest. Apparently this forum is, and I will quote

"I am afraid to say that the Totalbowling medium for information is rife with inaccurate statements, lies and misinformation."

Perhaps this comment was made because TBA don't enjoy having their lies scrutinised and not being able to get away with anything. Therefore if they bury their heads in the sand long enough it will go away and they will be able to continue to do whatever they want without being found out.

I have seen many times before on other forums that if a representative from a company/organisation comes on and answers questions and comments HONESTLY then there are never any problems. It's when they start spinning their stories and get caught out that "that forum is the worst thing in the world". It's been proven a few times before.

TBA, if you are worried that the wrong information is coming through, why don't you come on here and tell us the truth .. THE REAL TRUTH, instead of whatever version of the truth you want us to hear.

I thought that a certain number of bowlers who finished in the top section of youth/junior rankings received automatic selection. Don't quote me, but this was only the impression I was under.

Congratulations to all involved! Your hard work and determination has paid off.

As i finished in the All Stars team at the Youth Nationals in January this year, i was entitled to automatic selection in the NTS, PROVIDING, i met all the selection criteria AND paid the $50 dollar nomination fee.

I would be a bit annoyed if there were people named in the squad that hadnt nominated or paid their money.

This is just a simple query,

"What is the selection process for this"

As there are 2 yes 2 bowlers that have represented their countries on more than one occasion in the youth squad and yet they have not being selected however they were selected in previous years.

Bianca Flanagan is one rep Asian Schools and FIQ Youth.
Matt Sofia rep Asian Schools past two years, all stars sydney cup winner.

There is just two bowlers that havent being selected and I am sure that there are others.
Unless they didnt nominate that is the only reason i can think of.

Sarah

thanx for the info graham i thought that was the case.. :roll:
i didnt really expect tba to respond.. ive enquired and queryied the tba on certain 'issues' before to no avail.. some of you may remember my topic 'ten pin bowling in sa'? anyway you've obviously youve been around for a while graham so you know them pretty well, me, only been round for a short time so im still learning... the HARD way!! and i think the forum is one of the best things, your doing a great job keep up the good work. :lol: its informative up to date and opens a few eyes!!! couldnt agree more on your comment about them coming on here and enlightening us on the TRUTH.. but how would they then explain themselves.. i dont think they can cuz they know this is the its truth!! thanx once again graham.

werribee, im sure u r correct, i think it was top ten in rankings and allstars that had auto selection but as robbie said it depends on you sending in your nomination and the cashola being $50

and robbie.. how you going anyway good to hear from ya :wink:
i know this may come as a surprise to many but, i know for a FACT that a bowler was selected for the NTS that didnt nominate or pay! and people were chased for noms and $$ THIS IS NOT A LIE! sorry but its true.. i was trying to find out why tactfully but just shot that out the water

speak to you all soon.. cheers spence 8)

I just want to congratulate Mel Pryor , Shelley Cottrell, Lauren Mooney,Leisa Lumsden, Kerry-ann Klop and Clair Johnson , Matt Kanafa, Jason Mooney , Marty Smith and Jo Babic for their selections in the NTS.

Well done to all our SA bowlers that were selected :D and although Leisa is now living in melbourne she is still a south aussie to me :D

To answer your question Sarah_300.........

Bianca Flanagan is doing year 12 this year......heance alot of heard work and a time consuming year. She knew this is what it would be and she wants to do well this year. I know she will. She didn't nominate! This is because of school. She still did bowl Asian Schools and bowled extremly well over there, she also has many years of Youth so i know you will see her back in the team, and training squad.

Matt Sofia I'm not sure, ask him yourself, might be school i'm not sure. But people all have their own reasons. He might of nominated I'm not sure but with him not in the squad, i don't think he did nominate someone please correct me if i'm wrong Matt. He would of made it is he did nominate.

Hope this helps you you

Also to Tash....

Thanks for the congrats and nice to know you still think i'm a South Aussie hehe Miss you all heaps back in Adelaide. I probs won't be back in Adelaide till Under 23's so i hope to see you all there!

Lil Leisa

I do believe that Matt Sofia did receive his yellow envelope and is in the youth squad. Unfortunately, his name was not on the included list due to some unknown administrative error.

Hey leisa, thats cool, we miss you too :( but at least you are not too far away from us :D

You will get to meet the newest member of the Billing Clan at u23 as junior is coming in june( June 23rd I am due) so ill probably bring Caleb and his bro or sis down!!! :D

Hello all,

My name was listed in the Mens Adult NTS, even though I havent bowled that much sinch World Youth last year. Making an australian team apparently entitles you to automatic NTS selection, which I can understand.

I did not put my NTS form in, nor my $50.

However, I got a phone call from Kevin Brawn, stating that if I wanted to remain in the NTS, I would need to fill in the NTS form and send my money. I at that time asked for my name to be removed, which Kevin was happy to do.

I dont think anyone is getting off scott free. Seems fair to me.

Back
Top Bottom