ORANGE AUDI OPEN @ Orange MAY 2-3
CENTRAL COAST CUP @ Gosford JUN 20-21
RIVERINA OPEN @ Wagga JUL 4-5
NEWCASTLE CUP @ Maitland AUG 1-2
NORTH COAST CUP @ Grafton TBA
NSW OPEN @ Lidcombe SEP 12-13
WESTERN SYDNEY CUP @ Wetherill Park NOV 14-15

Last edited:
Have i missed the actual details of what this is all about somewhere? All ive seen are dates.

I honestly don't see why a NSW series needs to move for something in a different state. Bathurst got stung the last few years by selecting a date early and having others put on event on the same weekend.

If this series is important to the bowler they will choose the one they want to bowl in.

Calm down everyone this is new and all details will be presented ASAP. We are moving from nothing to a full tour with NSW state rankings. As soon as everything is confirmed you will know.

Was thinking that you're trying to entice more bowlers to enter tournaments. A series with 8 stops and spread as widely as you have, may be a deterrent to some, especially newbie's.

I am Pete, but everyone deserves to have a tournament close by. Sydneysiders have 5 tournaments out of the 8 within a 2hr drive. Thats not unreasonable

Not meant to sound as criticism.
Correct if I'm wrong, Every stop is an existing tournament ? So people do have tournaments, so the purpose of a series is to entice more bowlers. I'm all for more bowlers competing, but I dont get how the series as such, will result in more entries.
I dont get how you can offer a series winner a prize which would make people chase the series, simply because the reward will be small and to be eligible for the prize will come at considerable cost.
I would think about bowling a series (which I have done in past bowling the QLD series while living in Lismore ) but there are other tournaments I'm going to bowl this year and to add the cost of those 8 is not going to happen for me.
I was only trying to be constructive, maybe others dont see it that way, so I'm sorry, I'll shut up before I make it worse

They dont have any 2 day tournaments that i know of mate. These are new and the proprietors were all very excited by it. As were the bowlers but time will tell if i have wasted my efforts or not.

not Shellharbour, Gosford, Maitland, Grafton ?
That is correct. Maitland held a ranked event a couple of years ago and the others haven't held an Open event (that attracts bowlers from all over the state) in quite a while. I think the events are well spaced out, both distance and calendar wise.
Grafton is the only odd one out in that it is a lot further away from Sydney than the rest. I hope the Grafton event can move dates too, it would be a shame to clash with the Gold Coast event just a couple of hours up the road. Realistically the Grafton event will attract both NSW and QLD bowlers due to its closer proximity.

I apologize, I thought I had bowled in a couple of those in past years, but no not 2 day gigs. I hope it all does go well, I admire anyone trying to help bowling

Thankyou Pete and I completely respect your comments. You have done a lot of work for a lot of ungrateful people.

Back
Top Bottom