NSW 7 SERIES IS COMING!

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels
The NEW 7 series for next years tournament circuit in NSW is is getting closer and closer to becoming reality. With a very possible major signing as the tour sponsor.

Proposed Prizefund based on 50 entries:
1st - $2000 9th - $550
2nd - $1500 10th - $500
3rd - $1300 11th - $475
4th - $1100 12th - $450
5th - $900 13th - $425
6th - $800 14th - $375
7th - $700 15th - $350
8th - $600 16th - $340

17th to 20th spot will also be paid if entrys exceed 60
$300 for all 300 games
DVD player for top qualifier and top Youth Qualifier
Entry fee will increase to $180
Top 16 will all receive & 7 Series shirts for Matchplay
Series Winner will receive FREE Entry to SPC the following Year
Proposed Schedule:
February - Southern Cross
March - Mr.Mac Classic
May - South Coast Open
July - Sydney Open (tenders each year to host this event)
August - Surf's Up Classic
November - Canberra Open
November - Western Open

Please offer your feedback on this early proposal for 2005 as I wish to lauch in September this year. If all goes to plan the NSW tournament series will be the best series in Australia to bowl in. If you know of any other company's that would like to get involve in this great series please drop me an email.

Glenn Rowland
NSW Tournament Director

Glenn

From the looks of it all 7 Tournaments would qualify for National Rankings status.

This would be great if it got off the ground. Sounds like the earlier you get the dates set in place the better.

Looking at this years calendar there would have been no clashes with any of the Ranked events so let's hope this can be maintained for next year.

Are we still talking about an AMF Grand Prix Series. Because I was wondering if you had considered incorporating the Northern NSW Open into the series. Doing so would take it to 8 events. I understand they were considering moving to different dates. This may be another avenue of adding to sponsorship. Just a thought.

Victorians would definately look at bowling more regularly on this circuit if all tournaments on the circuit became ranked events. Can't have you New South Welshman hogging all the rankings points now can we.

With the advent of the new cut price airline by Qantas and with Virgin Blue looks like the 60 bowler mark per tournament may not be a problem.

Have to admit a bit of envy towards you guys up North. Although things down here are improving. We had 65 bowlers turn out to the inaugural AMF Classic at Boronia on Sunday.

90% of 210, 8 games qualifying, Top 12 matchplay, 1st $500 plus Super 6 entry 2nd $500. 12th $200 Some cash was payed out to as low as 33rd $20. 60 men 5 women (great to see 4 got some cash back).

Not an ideal format but it's a start.

Hope the sponsorship works out and we see a vastly increased National Ranked Events Circuit next year thanks to your good work.

Regards
Terry Silva
It's time to be Hammer-ed!

Well done Glenn, it sounds like an awesome series. I have no doubts you'll get a fair few Queenslanders down there. Keep up the good work and I'll see you at a stop some time.

G

Back
Top Bottom