NRL 2009

I have backed the broncos to win also
Sorry Broncos! The tippers curse has just been unleashed.

Dare I say it ... I also like the Dragons to win this week, On footy tipping, last week, I did back against them (blasphemous, I know!) but I was pleasantly surprised with the overall performance against the Storm!

I also believe that Souths will notch up their second win for the season tonight. With good wins in the preseason (including a demoralising victory over the Dragons in the Charity Sheild) and to come out with such a display against the Roosters, I think they are the dark horses of the comp this year (dare I say top 4 finishers?!?! - Again, sorry Souths!!)

There we have it the kiss of death has been blown towards three of the teams this weekend! Let's hope the ongoing performances on field, begin to overshadow the ongoing 'performances' off the field!

Manly 0-4 to start the season. Could they miss the finals?? Wheres the Beaver when they need him!!

Actually Souths are league leaders after 4 rounds but i know what you mean.

What about those rabbits, something tells me they will be in this competition for a long way this year, i also feel that with the buys made in the off season that Canterbury are a new team and one to be reckoned with.

But i have to say every body now is in fear of the Bennett factor. Everyone knows over the years that the Dragons have always had a team capable of challenging and winning the competition but they always fell down in the coaching and management of the team.

Well it would appear those days are over because the management finally woke up and they bought by far the greatest coach still active in rugby league today.

What he has brought is not only his knowledge and leadership but also players are lining up to join the club just because Bennett is there, in fact there is strong rumours down here that Darren Lockyer has been searching for properties in the Kogarah area.

Bennett himself said that this would be a rebuilding year for the dragons in 09 with a handle on being capable of winning the titles in 10 and 11, well if this is rebuilding then i am a very happy supporter.

So after 4 rounds of the competition so far my form guide reads

Competition winner hopefuls - Brisbane, Melbourne, St.George\Illawarra, Gold Coast, Souths, Canterbury

Dark Horses - Penrith, New Zealand

Flops - Manly

Wooden spoon candidates - Canberra, Parramatta, Sharks

And any not mentioned well there just going to make up the numbers ( the only reason i mentioned Manly was because they are the champions and obviously cannot handle that pressure of being the team everyone wants to beat and please do not tell me that 1 man Brett Stewart will make a difference, the only difference he will make is they man win a few games instead of losing all the time but that will not get you in the premiership picture, it will just keep you away from the Spoon).

So that is how i see it at the moment

Lets see how things go over the next month as things can change in an instance in this sport, an injury or 2 here and there and suspensions can derail teams chances just like that.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

Another Dragons supporter! Good to read Tix!

[Putting on the supporters hat and glasses]

I have been wearing my Dragons Jersey and shirts with pride for the last two weeks up here!! Doesn't go down too well in Bronco territory ;) :D

Was a good read and I concur with almost all of it. Only I do believe that St. George should really be favoured at this early stage. (I know it was a loss - though as Benny quite rightly put it) 'With three wins and a draw' we are looking to be one of the strongest teams, if not the strongest. Melbourne have been strong for many years, and we opened with a draw against them, then we flog Brisbane, who was 'The team to beat'.

It would be a boon for us to sign Lockyer and Hunt is not happy also! Hmmmm.
What would that do for the salary cap though??
What do you think Benny will do with Soward and Head?

Dragons for a convincing win Friday night!

[/Putting on the supporters hat and glasses]

Unless the eels do something major to the management of the team (firing higher members of the club, not the players!) I see Parramatta holding the wooden spoon this year.

I am still sticking with my earlier call that Souths will be up in the top four!

I agree with your call on Manly.
Many of the tries scored against them have been fairly soft, their main problem is defense at the moment and the addition of one player, although very potent in attack, I can not see him helping their defense and seeing the team into the eight.

manlys defence is a problem when you have players not in their normal position robertson is a winger not fullback and with matai and lyons out the players who cover them dont defend where they should give them tine they will click and finish top 4 go the eagles

not as convincing a win as I expected, though, 4 wins and a draw. Benny's Dragons ARE the team to beat!!

Go the Dragons!!

with the dragons thrashing of the roosters this weekend i believe that every roosters fan has a "soward" taste in there mouth.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :tongue4::roflmao::tongue:

with the dragons thrashing of the roosters this weekend i believe that every roosters fan has a "soward" taste in there mouth.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :tongue4::roflmao::tongue:

Hahahhahahahaa ....

I love it, great post! Wish we had mod points I'd mod you 5+!!

Go the Dragons!

Just checked, we beat the Warriors this Sunday and thrash the Cowboys the Saturday after that. ;)

OK cool so those Cowboys humiliate the eels this friday night then destroy the Dragons Saturday week. Gotcha!! Can't wait, might jump online and book my flight and buy my ticket.

Who wants to come?

Back
Top Bottom