Noarlunga, 13/11/05

I think those techs need either a) a good butt wooping or b) a good firing. If it was the machines fault, fair enough, but the techs should have been keeping an eye on it, and should have corrected the problem on those lanes that were affected. And why did it take 2/3 hours to fix :confused:.

Yea, bad luck to Renee and Kelly with the photos/awards, that had to suck. Hopefully I'll make a team next year, from the looks of it would've been rather enjoyable, albeit tiring.

Phil Skelton.

haha michael, you're a chick now.

How do your breasts feel Michael!?

I agree to not having a name to a post, but does it really matter? His opinion still stands for what he 'thought' was the case.

It was just a bit frustrating for everyone considering that it took up to the 2nd game (end might I ad) to get a 'what's going on?' and a complaint. What happened thru practice? Surely someone noticed between lanes 5-12 that _something_ wasn't quite right when the ball was hooking before the arrows? I dunno, nor do I care. I had fun (tiring, but fun none the less) and I got to catch up with a heap of ppl of which I hadn't seen in quite some time (lucky them.. :p).

Next week should be good, and with a bit of luck... It'll be an awsome finish to what should of been, and is in my mind, an awsome tournament.

Benny 'THE REAL FRO NOT THE NICK VALE FRO' Shearer.
(no offence Nick)

as i dont know the complete story as i have only been back in S.A. for a week and i am only going on what i have seen in these few posts let me ask you all a question do you think if someone like belmo, jarrod lean, brando would of stood to bowl on the condition on some lanes that had not been oiled I THINK NOT!!! i do recall my first ever S.A. under 23's back in the days when it was bowled at Elizabeth day 2 top 12 get out on the lanes start practicing to find lanes have not been oiled at all after a few complants about the lanes they still made us go ahead and start bowling as i recall i think every bowler was bowling with there plastic finally after 3 games they decided to oil the lanes unfortunatly we didnt get to start again we had to stick with the score we already had yeah you can never please everyone in these cases cos you always have the couple that have bowled the good games but i think they made the right decision to start the games over again that way you have a clear slate for everyone and you all start on the same condition is that not only fair cos it certainly isnt fair for a couple of people to bowl in different conditions to everyone else...

just my 2 sents worth

Mel Pryor

Just to set the record straight the machine was knocked by the tech on lane 6 which caused the tanks to pop up so they didn't make proper contact with the wicks and what have you so no oil, or little oil got put down on the lanes 7 and 8. Now the tech went to refil the oil tank after lane 8, do not ask why, and found the tank had popped up so put it back in properly filled it up and away it went, this left 7 and 8 dry as a bone. 1st people to bowl on 7 and 8 would be Adam Wilson, Andrew Patterson, Nathan DeLeeuw and Ben Bayly. As you know, and these people will admit to it, they aren't the biggest hookers of the ball and they merely thought it was a dry lane. It wasn't until other people got on there that the problem came to light. Its a shame that it was not dealt with and clearly it was the tech's fault for not checking the lanes, something surprisingly done on sunday!!! But that was the situation and why it took so long!!

Dion A

Build a Bridge and get over it peoples. It's not the first time theres been a problem in a tornament and it won't be the last. Just get on with bowling and enjoy yourselves!

(QUOTE: BennyBoy) haha michael, you're a chick now.
How do your breasts feel Michael!?
I agree to not having a name to a post, but does it really matter? His opinion still stands for what he 'thought' was the case.

hehehe lol benny, tha breasts are just fine, a little sore, but fine.....i'd be an A cup....and a half??? :D
i just wanna clarify that i'm not against someone having an opinion, each to their own, as the saying goes, but if people wanna get offensive (ie. calling a couple of bowlers 'ladies' when we didn't have a team of them) then these certain types better have tha balls to put their name to it. i still haven't seen that person back to post, and nor should they. the sport of tenpin bowling doesn't need crap-dribbling mouths like tinkerbell's in it.
and yes, i do think ur tha REAL fro round here Benny......no offense of course Nick, u can be his apprentice lol
but as people have said, what's happened has happened, and there's nothing we can do about it now, but i just wanna finally say that some of us may be the first to bag Jan or the TBA, but i think she is to be commended for making a really tough call and sticking to it, even though she upset a few people doing it. Her's is a tough job sometimes.......
Cheers for now

I think those techs need either a) a good butt wooping or b) a good firing. If it was the machines fault, fair enough, but the techs should have been keeping an eye on it, and should have corrected the problem on those lanes that were affected. And why did it take 2/3 hours to fix.

AMF, you should'nt have to go much further. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

AND how about PUTTING ur names on UR POST PEOPLE...

Could'nt agree more Ash. To gutless, people are a lot braver when others dont know who they are.

yeah thats right the guy next to tim to take all of tims money on an all in call was none other than myself.......SHENANIGANS timmy,

look i agree with ash and alot of other people get over it, thats bowling, i lost 2 nice games and bowled crap, but what can ya do but forget about the past and look to the future, and also i would like to say to spence what u said in ur little speech was f***ing awsome mate, thats were the future stars come from and i think you let alot of people know that just because of the weekend shenanigans dont just forget about under 25s, get behind it, sopprt it, and watch the future stars grow into the bowlers of tommorow

laters........im out

*MELIZA* said:
but i think they made the right decision to start the games over again that way you have a clear slate for everyone and you all start on the same condition is that not only fair cos it certainly isnt fair for a couple of people to bowl in different conditions to everyone else...
just my 2 sents worth
Mel Pryor
Just for the record I am completely over the weekends "shinanigans" (seems to be the word of the month) and am not here to bitch but just clear up the point that upon restarting there was still differences in conditions cos from wat i remember the "re-oiling" was done on top of the previous oiling for those lanes done properly. That is the lanes were not washed. I could be wrong but i am not the only one who is of this recollection.
Spence ur a legend mate and i'm sure if everyone wasn't so completely stuffed from the weekend ur parting speech would have brought tears to the toughest of us. Good luck in your endeavours and especially with Joshua aka little spence.
Cheers Bobba (Robert Elliott for those who are unaware of my real name)
P.s Thanx for the "reigns" i'm gonna really enjoy the next 6 years cheers spence!!

Back
Top Bottom