No Gold Cup????????

Bub

Rumour has it , that there is no Gold Cup this year.
I thought that seeing this was Fairlanes last year they would still be having this tournament.
It would be nice to see two full squads this year if it goes ahead.
Such a shame if it's not on.

Thanks Clint,
I don't need to ring her.
Just wanted to see what everyone else thought about it.
Brenda;)

Hey Brenda,

Of course if the tournament doesnt run we will all be dissapointed, and I can say that Sue will be aswell.

We have not been told that it is not running, and i was giving John the 3rd degree last night over it heheeh

But if it doesnt run.... I think higher powers are at play.

i know its in here as a rumour but has anything official been said about gold cup yet? i havent seen anything about it yet just the normal scuttlebutt

wimpy said:
i know its in here as a rumour but has anything official been said about gold cup yet? i havent seen anything about it yet just the normal scuttlebutt
Steve,
I'll give you a hint: I'm already making plans for the first Queen's Birthday long weekend I'll be having off in 8 years. So is Brian. ;)

thats a pity is there an official reason or just because. A shame that the people that poured their heart into the tournie like the mirrabooka mens club
and people like old bobbie hounsam and the likes that were never going to win but didnt let a thing like not getting a return get in the way of going in it.
Would have been a fitting end to the gold cup and give people the chance to show their appreciation to rent a plant who poured all their money into it .I know as a member of the rent a plant team for the last few years how much it meant to me not just in gold cup but for all the others that they sponsored .
I just hope that if it isnt going to go ahead that the centre takes the time to present the trophies to the rent a plant group for them to keep , i think its the least we can do . And i would be lying if i didnt say how dissapointed that it is not going ahead it meant a lot to a whole lot of people including me .
So cheers to all those people i have bowled against beaten , lost to ,sledged , had drinks with and generally just had a blast with for the last 21 years its been a blast .

Steve,

I'm not sure of the reason why Gold Cup isn't happening, I mentioned this thread to John Armour at work yesterday and he was under the impression most of the bowlers were already aware of it not going ahead.

I'm not saying this is final so it might be best to check with Sue for official confirmation of whether the Cup will be held but at this stage it looks like it isn't.

I asked Sue herself about it a few weeks ago, and she did say Gold Cup will not be going ahead :(

Its a real shame that there won't be one final showing of the Cup as the tournament will surely be missed by everyone. The last 5 years I've bowled in it have been the most fun bowling I've ever had. Nothing equals the atmosphere created for those 3 days.

I suppose though the bowling community in this state should be thankful that the tournament has lasted the length of time it has already. Thank you Sue and all at Fairlanes for the good laughs and great times this tournament has brought in its existence

Back
Top Bottom