New Youth Tournament

Bee...!

Living the dream!!!
hey everyone it is jyade flanagan here.....

my home centre is having a youth tournament...international most likely and we are wanting ffed back about how we should make it better and more appealling.....

he dates are the 27, 28 29 and 30th of decoember. There are two divisons male and female with a prize fund for each. there have been several different ways of running it. the most common is a 15 gmae qualify on one day. The top 8 gils and top 16 boys will then play mathc play and ther will be a top 4 step ladder final.
This is just a ough plan. Anyone with feedback would be greatly appreciated for your input. We want to make it a success and wit your input this is possible.

Thanks guys hope to here from you soon

jayde !!!!!!!!!!!

hey jayde i think the format sounds good, but if the turn out for the ladies is good would the cut change to say top 12 or top 14? something a little higher than 8. i know that part depends on how many go tho.
also what would the entry fee be?

hey peeps its pat egan...
yeh jayde if im not doing anything on them dates (which im sure i wont b) i will b in it..
and the format sounds good.
whos running it? and is there any accomodation up there at that time of year??
bye
icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Jayde

Sounds like a good tourney and the entry fee is very reasonable. I sure would like to bowl but as I said to you today the dates are a bit debateable, being so close to youth and a couple of days after chrissy and all.

But this is just some food for thought.

Format is pretty good too.

I really do hope you get the following for this as the need a tournament like this is in Queensland.

Kel

hi again...
ah i may have some bad news.... i realised that AIY is on a few days? after this tournament has been proposed 2 b held... and if it is held on those dates i dont think i will b able 2 make it =(
i had planned on goin 2 youth this year. but i dunno. i may still go 2 this tournament up the coast as well..

just some feedback.
bye

Hey Jayde,

Having another youth tournament is a great idea as we only have two (AIYC and SA under 23). These two are both part of the ratings for youth bowlers. There is certain criteria for an event to be on the national ratings but if the tournament was rated i am sure that would increase the amount of people willing to come and bowl. The only other thing you need to consider is the date, as mentioned above its too close to youth and christmas for most people to bowl. Entry fee sounds pretty reasonable, how many entries would you need to get a good prize payout?? We were only playing for $1000 a SA but because of the ratings points there was 80+ people bowling.
Hope to hear more about it,
Adam Goldberg

hi jayde. i would love to bowl but as a few ppl have already mentioned i wouldnt be able to on those dates cos of christmas and youth and being unable to get time off work. if it was maybe different dates i think there would be a better turn out. sounds great tho

Is this tournament still going ahead?? It sounds like a great tournament to go in. I will be there.

Its great to see young bowlers attempting to oginise a youth torny but some things you have to realise. Your date is smack in the middle of the tourist season ie higher airfares and huge accomadation costs. Its almost impossible for interstate bowlers to compete. My suggestion would be to pick a date that falls offpeak meaning lower costs when cost for airfares and accom are at there lowest therefore making it easier for interstate bowlers to attend. I know of 6 bowlers who would love to compete but it would cost them $1000 each just to get there and find somewhere to sleep. Remember keep the cost down and people will want to bowl

Back
Top Bottom