Track NEW Track Crunchtime

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Crunchtime Ball Specs: 15lb, 3 ounces top weight, 3 inch PIN

Drill specs: 3 3/8 x 3 3/8 with balance hole 5 inches across from my centre of grip. 1/2 positive side, 1/8 fingers.

After researching my 300 games over the years I came to conclusion that I have bowled 13/15 of them with this particular drilling, why change? This ball was going to be perfect for Australian conditions where we just don't see the concentration of oil overseas.

Used it in conjunction with my Unleashed and found that it went at least 6 feet longer than the Crunchtime but turned way harder to the pocket. Bowling on a Christmas tree pattern I used the Unleashed 16 out to 8, then used the Crunchtime 10 out to 8.

Crunchtime's hit was awesome and the further I pushed it to the dry the harder it kicked. Bowled 3 games with it, 225, 300, 248 WOW! I was bowling with 3 friends and all of them couldn't believe the strong movement to the pocket. Compared to my other pearl balls it turns alot harder than my Threat, Darkside and Triple Threat. Doesn't quite cover the same amount of boards as the TT but is alot stronger when it turns.

I am so happy with this ball I might and try and get another. I have always loved Track pearl balls and this one is no exception. Another hit for Track and all this in the mid-price range??? This is the best value for money going. If you want a ball for medium conditions and one that is going to conserve energy and then snap hard to the pocket this is it.

10/10 (because of the 300 )

A sure winner, got to get one!

How different does this ball react to the hex given that it has the same core and the coverstocks are similar.

Thats a great question, the balls do share the same core however the covers are different. The HEX was a particle/reactive blend, to my knowledge the CRUNCHTIME is just reactive (Power Plus EX Reactive). I think you'll find that they went with this cover for 2 reasons

a) it out turns the old blend (from the Hex)
b) it lasts alot longer and is alot more durable

On a scale, the Hex turns about a 5, the new Crunchtime turns a 7.5. There is a noticable difference. If you were to use the same balls with the same drillings on the same line, the Crunchtime would out hook the HEX by about 4-6 boards for an average player.

This pearl ball is very strong and I think ideal for Australian conditions. The core is a proven winner hence why they keep using it. An excellent mid price range ball, they wont last long in Australia :D Hope this answers your question

Back
Top Bottom