New to Sydney

oleg_mcnoleg

Afternoon one and all, my name's Pete and i've recently relocated from England to Sydney ... well Kellyville to be precise.

My balls are still on a boat (it's not often you can get away with saying that) somewhere around the Singapore area. Once they arrive i'll be looking for a league (or two) to play in - preferably within a sensible range.

I started bowling in 1985, at University in Leeds, and was thoroughly incompetent. After a few years and a bit of practice (and cash to AMF) it sort of clicked. Ended up playing for one of the best 5 man teams in the country (then) - one that set the European series record in 94 which stood for a good few years. Retired in 96 due to work (and then kids) interfering with my availability to practice.

Came back to the game in 2009 - my, how technology has changed! Averaged top 190's in two leagues i played first year back - on a reasonably challenging condition. Still capable of throwing 480 after 720.

Arrived at this site thanks to some tips from friends of friends ...

Hi Pete,
When you are ready give me a call at AMF Blacktown, it is not far from Kellyville and we will have a chat about options for you. There are a few good things around.
Thanks Lyn
Lyn Chown 9622 8950 wk mb 0439333119

Having looked at the distances I'll probably play two centres - given half a chance - Blacktown & Castle Hill - got my eye on a couple of leagues ... but i'll need to have a bit of practice first ....

Castle hill is a good centre.. Nice and close to kellyville. They've got leagues all week round. Give it a go

Gear finally turned up this week. Had a quick chuck at Castle Hill last night - and was as spectacularly useless as anticipated after 6 months off. Pretty stiff today too.

I'll probably be back on Sunday for another run out. Lanes were significantly quicker than conditions i'd routinely come across in the UK - so investment is probably required (as well as some adjustments) - but that'll happen after i've got some rhythm back.

Anyone recommend any drillers?

You could try Andrew at tenpin city lidcombe. ....... If you are looking to in a league, we are trying to start a triple league at Rooty Hill on a wednesday night, if you would any more details just private message me.

Thanks again all - have had a couple of PMs - which i can't reply to until i reach 10 posts ... but i will.

Looks like Castle Hill on Sunday night is a defo. Played Lidcombe yesterday, will try and get to Blacktown sometime next week .... work permitting.

Probably off to try Blacktown tonight ... subject to skiving off work at a civilized hour.

And this should get my count up to 10 so i can thank all those people who've PM'd me! Hurrah!

Back
Top Bottom