New-ish

joshuatoth

Hello everyone, I'm Josh. I'm American and used to bowl competitively when I was a teenager (probably stopped about 8-9 years ago)... but am considering taking it back up now in Australia!

Things are different hey! I was almost knocked out of my chair when I saw ebonite owns everyone else now!

Anyway... I live on the Gold Coast QLD, work in Springwood... and will likely be looking to practice and network over the rest of this year to ideally start league play when your new leagues start next year?

But first I need to equip! I used to prefer Track stuff... but when I left bowling I think my bag had a Triton and a Synergy Pearl in it... so if you even know what that means you'll know I've been out of it for a while!

Any thoughts that you may have on the various options out there now and also any recommendations on good value, reliable pro shops around southeast Queensland would be great!

Thanks, Josh

Hey Josh,

I did the same thing last year. hadn't bowled for about 12 years and last bowled competitively in teenage years. I ended up with a Track Uprising which i quite like (you mentioned you liked track...). I'm still trying to figure out what style I want to bowl so consistency is out the window for a while. Getting better results now than I did back then, but suspect the house conditions & reactive balls are better and the fact that I'm no longer a scrawny 15 year old probably helps! Good luck with the return, hope it goes well for you.

Thats quite funny as I was kind of leaning towards the Uprising from my preliminary research... it just seemed like a pretty "safe" option (i.e. could use it in a variety of settings while i reskill)... do you find it hard to control when dry and/or hard to get moving when wet?

Basically yeah I'm looking for something for all conditions (and yes the Track nostalgia does push me their way a bit...)

Thanks for your kind words and I look forward to your input on the ball...

hey mate should try logan city proshop its near springwood and talk to peter bowling he has some aswome gear there check it out it address is 17 wembely road logan central QLD 4114 its in the logan city bowling centre

Thats quite funny as I was kind of leaning towards the Uprising from my preliminary research... it just seemed like a pretty "safe" option (i.e. could use it in a variety of settings while i reskill)... do you find it hard to control when dry and/or hard to get moving when wet?

Basically yeah I'm looking for something for all conditions (and yes the Track nostalgia does push me their way a bit...)

Thanks for your kind words and I look forward to your input on the ball...

wish I could be more help, but all my troubles controlling the ball come from the bowler using it! It gets some movement out there, but don't have a lot to compare it to for my style. Can stand left and throw it out and it'll come back if that helps. seems to me that it's a bit of trial and error with some of these balls, and you'll probably end up adjusting your style to suit the ball until you get an arsenal of gear...

That does help Doug... thanks for that. Now its just time to find the best price!

I will try the Logan City Proshop... I stopped by AMF in the hyperdome yesterday but no one was there! Thanks for the recommendation!

Hey Joshua, i recently got back into bowling and had to find a new ball. after a little bit of research on the net i decided to get the Uprising too. its a great ball, and sometimes comes back from places you would never think it could! i love using it on freshly oiled lanes. but when it starts drying up it can be a little hard to control, and when they are bone dry it really gets frustarating!!! i recently got a Columbia Scout reactive, and that works perfect for me on the drier conditions...Happy Bowling!!

Thats pretty funny... yeah I think the Uprising is the choice... so now I am just searching for the best price. Any suggestions?

As a matter of interest I went to the lanes today for the first time!

I bowled 145, 218, 178... with a house ball, so I'm actually quite pleased with the result. A bit inconsistent as my hand really started hurting towards the end, but overall yeah 541 for the first time in 8+ years is a victory to me!

Thanks thus far everyone for your input.

brando's proshop is pretty cheap generally. but check out all places incase they have specials on or something...

Back
Top Bottom