New Forum Added again

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Ok after giving it more thought, this morning I have made a new FORUM…

This forum is called THE LOUNGE…it contains three (at the moment) sub forums…

The book of Shame
Birthdays and Congratulations and
TB Poker Nights

You will find it HERE

Feel free to add your best wishes and anything else in these forums and let’s keep the Main forum/ State main forums and junior forums for more bowling related topics.

Feel free to post in the required sections anything you like from your highest games ever achieved to 300’s in practice or prebowl, just leave the main and state forums really for what they should be for.

I hope this keeps EVERYONE now happy and yes I have doubled up with also having the Miscellaneous Forum still there, maybe we could have some suggestions as to

Removing it?
Renaming it?
Or anything else you may decide

Also if you think we need another sub forum in The Lounge please feel free to leave a suggestion here!

Check it out Guys!

Bowler Interviews

Here's where you will find interviews with all those who have agreed to chat to TotalBowling. Check back regularly to see if your favorite bowler appears here.

Jase,

id like to see u fill out a bowlers interview too champ....

great work on the 1st couple, hopefully lots more to come.

your signature still needs a great signing off line...

something along the lines of:

"I'm Ron Burgundy, stay classy San Diego"
LMAO!! hahaha

Chowny.
Founding Team Chowny member.

To all concerned with the interviews - good job, they make for interesting reading..........BUT.....

WHERE ARE THE LADIES??????

We have lots of successful female bowlers too, and it would be great if we could hear from the likes of Ruth Guerster, Jeanette Baker, Cara Honeychurch, Carol Giannotti, Maxine Nable et al? Is it possible to have a chat to some of these ladies too???

Been trying Broni, But they have been hard to track down.We have been incontact with a few, just waiting for replies.

On the subject of new forums!!!!

Today i have added a scroll (like they have on the news channels) at the top of the main front page... HERE (save that link as your new FAVORITES) This scroll will advertise any up and coming tournaments and also has a mouse over feature which will stop on the desired tournament and if you click it will link you to either the entry form or squad lists when available.

Just another way Totalbowling is trying to link bowlers to new events.

Hope you all like it.

Hey guys,

With all the requests for adding a spell checker... and due to all Hammer's bad spelling and punctuation, :D we now have added one to the forum...It's located on the right side of the message box when replying to a thread and it looks like… (ABC/Tick)...

It's only new so see how it goes and report any Dramas you have...

If it all starts to work ok, the plan will be to give yellow and red card infractions to the really bad spellers, so they will get a yellow card warning for not using it, and a Red card for not repeatedly using it...Trust me we don’t really want to yellow card anyone but there have been some bad punctuation used of late, so I thought we would give this ago...

Like I said if you feel there is a glitch just message us please...

Take care

I hope he isn't. The whole 15 seconds you save by typing 'no' for 'know' etc is saved by the extra 15 minutes it takes everyone else to read your post. Which usually, if your spelling and punctuation is that bad, doesn't really make sense and is hardley worth replying to. Kudos to Jase for it.

Later Da Cowman!

Yeah, good on you Jase! There's some atrocious things done to the English language on this site! ;-) I can understand if English isn't your first language, but the rest if us have no excuse.

SMS text is not a language and you're using a full keyboard so make it legible!

Cheers,
Jason

I hope he isn't. The whole 15 seconds you save by typing 'no' for 'know' etc is saved by the extra 15 minutes it takes everyone else to read your post. Which usually, if your spelling and punctuation is that bad, doesn't really make sense and is hardley worth replying to. Kudos to Jase for it.
Later Da Cowman!

Brilliant...:p

Spellchecker - long overdue and most welcome.
The lack of care when writing, whether letters, emails or posting to newsgroups or forums really winds me up. As said earlier, it doesn't take much effort to ensure your spelling is correct and not doing so is rude as it indicates to the reader that you don't really care about them.
I gave this site 6.5/10 in the survey. The spellchecker increases this to 7.5/10. All we need now is a hot air filter and we'll be away :)

Hey guys,
With all the requests for adding a spell checker... and due to all Hammer's bad spelling and punctuation, :D we now have added one to the forum...It's located on the right side of the message box when replying to a thread and it looks like… (ABC/Tick)...
It's only new so see how it goes and report any Dramas you have...
If it all starts to work ok, the plan will be to give yellow and red card infractions to the really bad spellers, so they will get a yellow card warning for not using it, and a Red card for not repeatedly using it...Trust me we don’t really want to yellow card anyone but there have been some bad punctuation used of late, so I thought we would give this ago...
Like I said if you feel there is a glitch just message us please...
Take care
good bye all total bowling members
im sure i will be the first red carded, my spelling is dismal :(

Yeah, good on you Jase! There's some atrocious things done to the English language on this site! ;-) I can understand if English isn't your first language, but the rest if us have no excuse.
SMS text is not a language and you're using a full keyboard so make it legible!
Cheers,
Jason
Sorry Jason - yellow card son!!! :cool:

good bye all total bowling members
im sure i will be the first red carded, my spelling is dismal :(
Yes!!! See you later Cam old mate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_cowman View Post
Later Da Cowman!
Brilliant...
Where did you say that SpeelChecker was located? ;) ;) :D
Hahaha, I deserved that!
Later Da Cowman!

*Waits for 'Spelling Police' to sign up as a TB member, just like on the PBA Forums..........

Good job Jase and crew,

The spell checker is a great idea. We're all guilty of making spelling errors either by brain freeze or key stroke error. However some of the posts on this site take reading 5 or 6 times to actually understand the context.

I always make sure to re read my posts before submitting and then I re read once I've submitted it to the forum and make any changes necessary. The spell check will make this task much easier.

Rachel

Instead of the yellow and red cards (football terms) Hows about 3 strikes and your out (yeah, I know..baseball)

Back
Top Bottom