My thoughts

So many people have so much to learn from a sincere professional, on and off the lanes. Well said from a great guy and I have only met you once! I took my first visit to Orange this year after returning to the game after an 11 year hiatus. Your family put on a wonderful event and make everyone feel welcome. Clearly, you are a product of this and you’re parents deserve to be extremely proud. There will always be bad sports, but the champions rise above this. Thankyou for what you do for the sport and I look forward to mixing it with you and watching your brilliance in 12 months time in Orange. Regards, Samantha Edwards

Well done Belmo, great post. The best thing you can do is go out there and beat them thoroughly on the lanes and be the best you can be. People don't like change or people who do things differently, however that is the exact reason the sport is where it is today. At the end of the day 99% of people back home are supporting you, don't worry about the others.

I've said this before and I'll say it again Jason has gained more good publicity in recent years for the sport of Tenpin Bowling than all other participants world wide combined! Throughout it all he has maintained a dignity beyond his years. It would have been easy for him to get caught up in all this hype .. but no, pure class all the way.

The current issues with the Pro Tour is more to do with his ability to cut into the PBA's somewhat limited prizefund. In short some locals hope that he, along with the likes of Osku P, will get intiminated enough to just go home.

I hope not 'cause our sport needs participants of the quality of Jason Belmonte competing at the elite level if it ever hope to survive!

The full statement has now been posted on the PBA website here, for everybody who is interested in the PBA to read.

Great stuff Jason, well done.

Here's an idea. Instead of using those plastic bottles, maybe you should use a sipper bottle that doesn't pop. Perhaps you could even get a sponsor to put their logo on the bottle.

David.

Back
Top Bottom