MRD ENGINEERING BATHURST PITSTOP

Leggi_23,

I am sorry that you were upset by my post but it was meant as a joke, i was not serious in any way that is why i ended that line of sentence with the lol (lots of laughter).

I know how difficult these things are to run and would never expect the tournament to add extra squads, especially for 1 bowler that is just silly.

Sorry if i offended you but as you probably know me i am the court jester and always having a laugh and trying to joke around, thats all it was.

Once again though everyone enjoy the tournament, sorry i cannot be there as i would have like to but as stated earlier when i make a committment to bowl with a team or in any case i always keep my word and on that point put me down for this tournament next in squad B i will be there for sure and that is a promise, maybe i can push my average up from the current 166 to possibly 190 or so by then with some new equipment.

Have a great weekend and Leggi you have a great weekend to i will see you at the bowling lanes with a big smile on my face lol.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

I think a "sport compliant" lane pattern is required for this tournament, no question. We can bowl a THS pattern any day of the week.
K

Leigh come on.

Ppl put tornaments on in nsw but dont seem to think about id and pennants, putting a squad on at 7am for ppl who have coomeittments is not a bad idea, yes bathurst is a long way to go, but if you want to run a 2 day comp, then you need to think about the bowlers who bowel on saturday afternoon.

Numbers are needed for tornaments to work, but holding first squad at 10am for a 10 game roll off, they finish at 1-1.30, no way of doing 2 things at once unless more are held in sydney.

Mind you the way amf works that wont happen.

Yeah I gotta agree here, I am missing my league for this tournament and one of my teammates was coming as well and had to pull out to make up the team numbers. I would have pulled out if we were still down a bowler without hesitation. Both of us entered this tournament under the assumption that our team could get the reserves in. 7am squad might not be a bad option for those bowling on saturday afternoon.

Justin Kennedy
Bowling's answer to the annoying guy at the cricket with the horn.

its not that far.
its 2 hours from penrith maccas to bathurst.
3 hours from canberra.
bit over 3 hours from gosford.

private message sent dwayne!

I am missing my league for this tournament and one of my teammates was coming as well and had to pull out to make up the team numbers.

Because of this, I am needed for Metro Cup. One of the arts of being a reserve! :p

Good luck Julie, hope its a blast as there arn't many tournaments down Bathurst way that us Sydney siders know about!

Yeah I gotta agree here, I am missing my league for this tournament and one of my teammates was coming as well and had to pull out to make up the team numbers. I would have pulled out if we were still down a bowler without hesitation. Both of us entered this tournament under the assumption that our team could get the reserves in. 7am squad might not be a bad option for those bowling on saturday afternoon.
Justin Kennedy
Bowling's answer to the annoying guy at the cricket with the horn.

Missing League for a tournament. why not pre bowl or use ur blind score? maybe the tournament starts at 10am because it gives people time to get there from sydney. Bathurst is not that far from sydney 2 hours as where i am comming from which is Adelaide it is a little bit further than just over the mountains yet you dont see me complaining about the tournament time like the sydney bowlers

Leigh come on.

Ppl put tornaments on in nsw but dont seem to think about id and pennants, putting a squad on at 7am for ppl who have coomeittments is not a bad idea, yes bathurst is a long way to go, but if you want to run a 2 day comp, then you need to think about the bowlers who bowel on saturday afternoon.

Thats why you can put in a sub in ID and Pennents.....
Events are always put on when other events are on, Like the State Leuage on Sundays.
And you know what, It's always going to happen.

The reason for the 10am start, is so people from sydney can leave on saturday morning and bowl the first squad......

I would like to see you guys try and run an event!

Dont you just love the guys that say they want to bowl in a tournament then always pull out at the last minute. . .
Some of them have good reasons I'm sure, but it really is a pattern for some people. Especially in NSW. Don't stuff the people who are good enough to run tournaments about like this when they have to double handle your non-entry!

I'm really looking forward to this event. See you Saturday.

p.s. If you want to bowl tournaments, (even if you don't) have a sub at the ready for any travelling league you may find yourself stuck in. Someone who might occasionally like to play. It makes life easier for everyone, especially you.

p.p.s. When I got serious about tournaments (At about 19 years of age), I stopped all that travelling league stuff. Made life a lot easier and my bowling improved.

I am missing state league for this and coming from gosford the day before. It is all about priorities. if you are in a league or travelling league, pre or post bowl, or find a sub. its that simple.

if you commit to a tournament early on then that is where your priority lies. a league is a league. its nothing compared to tournament play!!!!! you put your name down, you should play. ppl all complain there is not enough tournaments in nsw, well now there is 1 and and some ppl use a travelling league as an excuse to withdraw. lmao. find it lame.

but to all bowling. good luck and i certainly plan to have great fun.

jase

Missing League for a tournament. why not pre bowl or use ur blind score? maybe the tournament starts at 10am because it gives people time to get there from sydney. Bathurst is not that far from sydney 2 hours as where i am comming from which is Adelaide it is a little bit further than just over the mountains yet you dont see me complaining about the tournament time like the sydney bowlers

We can use a blind score but our captain wished to have a full team and rpac made the decision to pull out even after paying a deposit so I could bowl. I will say again that we were supposed to have bowlers covering for us but they let us down. We cannot prebowl metro cup games unless its the whole team and we didnt have enough time to set it up.

From jhk67
We can use a blind score but our captain wished to have a full team and rpac made the decision to pull out even after paying a deposit so I could bowl. I will say again that we were supposed to have bowlers covering for us but they let us down. We cannot prebowl metro cup games unless its the whole team and we didnt have enough time to set it up.

Four Months is not enough time to arrange a pre-bowled matach, come on......

Julie has put a heap of effort into this event, it would be nice for the NSW bolwers to actually support this event.

So what I reading you would rather bowl in a league then a tournament, you should have a good look at where you want to go with your bowling, because if you don't bowl tornaments you will never improve your game to the next level, I bowl in state league, and my team knows that to me tournaments come first, I missing the next 2 rounds because of bathurst and BC, but my team will handle it because we have bowlers who want to step up ladder and compete.

And by not having me there to bowl it give them the chance to step up, and strengthen there bowling to help stepup to the next level.

QUESTION:

DO YOU WANT TO PLAY FOR LEAGUE OR AUSTRALIA???

if i was to run a 7 am or late squad how many people would be prepaired to put there money where there mouth is pay up front in full and bowl because i will do a late or early if need to get more bowlers but it would have to be more the 1 or 2 bowlers
the 10am squad was to allow bowlers to keep there cost down by not needing 2 nights accomodation and give them plently for time with out leaving as we country people say ( WITH THE CHOOKS ) lol

cheers julie

the way i see it fair enough if you cant make it you cant make it but what i am saying is why do people leave it untill the last week to pull out of a tournament. i mean its not as they changed the date of the league to this week end a week ago. its the same here in South Australia people cry out for tournaments and when you put one on for them they either pull out or dont register then they complain again. i just dont want the bowlers in this tournament to be pissed when they see the changed prize fund because im guessing it wont be the same and there will be a heap of changes considering there are only 40 bowlers who have commited to bowling and it is based on 60 i will still be there and am looking forward to bowling see you all on saturday

OK it seems ppl have missed what i was getting at.

Id and pennants especially div 1 have lots of reserves and and roving reseves cause a lot of bowlers can not get into a team full time, but on the standing sheets i have not seen a full list of reseves that can bowl in say div 3.

Post bowl or as they say deferr is good if both teams will do it, but most wont as 1 or 2 bowlers dropping out to go to a tornament is not a good enough reason.

I for one totally agree if you put your name down then you should bowl, if you drop out and dont give the committee some good rerason or proof then you should have to pay at least a deposit or something.

I see that some people are upset and i wanna clear up a few things, some of which transpired today.
Firstly, we were under the assumption 4 months before that our reserves would be able to cover for us and now we find out they are unavailable which was pretty unfair to us. Fortunately now we have got reserves bowling for us now. I was always bowling this tournament and this is even when I am currently without job. rpac said he might come into the morning squad now he is not needed in league but dont hold me to that. Now I know some people are annoyed that people are pulling out of the tournament so close to the event. But wouldnt you rather have people pull out before than just not show up without notice. Also as much as I might get bombarded with insults for this comment but I think people were hoping to bowl with belmo and with his withdrawal (for AMF world cup) some didnt think it was worth it. Thats my 2 cents worth (if even that!)

I see that some people are upset and i wanna clear up a few things, some of which transpired today.
Firstly, we were under the assumption 4 months before that our reserves would be able to cover for us and now we find out they are unavailable which was pretty unfair to us. Fortunately now we have got reserves bowling for us now. I was always bowling this tournament and this is even when I am currently without job. rpac said he might come into the morning squad now he is not needed in league but dont hold me to that. Now I know some people are annoyed that people are pulling out of the tournament so close to the event. But wouldnt you rather have people pull out before than just not show up without notice. Also as much as I might get bombarded with insults for this comment but I think people were hoping to bowl with belmo and with his withdrawal (for AMF world cup) some didnt think it was worth it. Thats my 2 cents worth (if even that!)

You might be right about bowlers wanting to bowl with Belmo but a few of the bowlers that have pulled out put there name down before he did. and if that is the case then most of them would be bowling all around Australia if not the world if they want to bowl with Jason. or maybe they are all off to the world cup. i dont think so and that is a pretty lame excuse for pulling out of tournament.

Yeah well look you guys got me up there on saturday and if anyone wants to be a late inclusion, then by all means put your name down. You gotta remember though this was posted 4 months ago and a lot of things change in that time.

Sounds as if we have a page off the NSW Sport Series 3 dilema...

I suppose Jason Belmonte's pull-out is a small portion of the dropping of numbers, but it isnt the full reason. I haven't been bowling up to scratch lately, but that's no reason to pull out. Forking out $200 ($20 per game) is harsh in ways, but thats the only way to hold a succesful tournament. Sure, i'm not a 200 ave bowler, but i'm going to give it a go. Maybe I don't have a chance in comming second last, but hey, i'll give it a go. Maybe I'm just paying for the prize fund. I know 2 or 3 names on the squad list that arn't 200 ave bowlers, but thats not stopping them!

Justin, good work in defending those who don't mean to pull out, but have no other option to do so. Jason also made that point clear.
Maybe it's probably best to make a squad list 2 weeks prior to an event, as alot of people are excited to bowl in a tournament, but forget the fact that in 4 months time, there could be a hiccup somewhere.

Thats my 2 cents.

-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------

Richard Palma to A Squad please.

Back
Top Bottom