Motiv Motiv TX1 and SX1

androooo

hmmmmm......
Staff member
Now, this may sound a little weird for me, but since Max gave me the option of being able to throw whatever I want these days, I was lucky enough to drill and throw the 2 Motiv balls, and I must say, I am impressed! Very nice reactions, and they stand out. As these were the first time anyone had seen or really heard of them down here, it created a bit of a buzz around the league... especially since a lot of them have never seen me without a VBP rock... Plus the big, bright logos help

TX1.... Drilled up 85*x4"x45*, left in box finish. This ball gave me a look that I can only describe as big and smooth. Having only thrown Visionary gear for the past 3-4 years, it rolled like a bigger, stronger version on the Gladiator Solid. Great hard arc. As much as I tried, there was no way I could get it to flip. the more a put on it, the harder it arced, giving me lots of control. Coming up the back, I could play straighter than I normally could. Getting around the side of it and I could wing it at the ditch and watch it bounce off the dry. Even getting real deep the carry was good, until the midlanes burnt up.

SX1.... Drilled up 75*x4.5"x45*. Tried this ball first with the box finish, and while good, it was a little too midlaney for my liking, especially with the reaction I got with the TX1. So off to the spinner and a good hit with Secret Sauce. This made the ball real shiny, and real pretty looking. The reaction was also very pretty, giving me about 4-5 more feet, easy push through the heads and mids, while still giving me the control at the breakpoint. With the low RG, it was hard to get it to squirt past the breakpoint. A great step down from the TX1 with this surface.

Can't wait for the GT1 to come out. Motiv do need some that will be angular. I don't believe they really need anything that will outhook the TX1. Give the ball some surface, and I'm sure it would handle most med to med-heavy conditions.

Hopefully, I will get a video soon.

Check them out at http://www.motivbowling.com

Motiv TX1

I have to agree with Andrew on this one. I've drilled a TX-1 and it's a really sweet ball. My new benchmark ball, as a matter of fact and I'm still playing with the cover!

With a 2"pin, 2½ox TW, drilled 45°x4½"x45°. (Pin down on grip centre line for me.) This ball is smooth and predictable and the hit is strong, despite the straighter backend angle it gives me. Rolls like a Brunswick ball, hits a bit like a Momentum Swing. Like nothing else on the market. I polished it and it looked great, sanded it to 2000 and it looked even better and have just restored it to 1000 (box finish) and can't wait to get out tonight with it. Low game in league is 199 with it. (3 x 10 pins in the last three frames of game three. Tuggeranong lanes sanded the ball track on me again...) Additional note - I've not been 100% happy with the thumb hole on this ball and it's still great! I think that's sorted now.

I've got a second one with a longer pin and higher TW. Will probably go pin-up for a bit more pop. Want to get the first one sorted out though.

I think this ball will be a keeper, especially for Sport Series events and tournament play, where an earlier read with a controlled strong backend is required.

Got a couple of 15lb GT-1's coming as I write this. I'm quite excited about them.

Cheers,
Jason

Back
Top Bottom