Loony Bowling theories

AdrianS

This is the future!!!
I'm sure we've all been given some 'gospel' by other bowlers/coaches/drillers/lanemen over the years which we eventually found out was total bullpoo. Good examples would be the usual stuff like "don't crank the ball" slightly more obscure ones would be things like "to protect a lane you only have to oil to 10 feet"(that one was one of my favourites from the early 90's) or even this pearler from the late 80's early 90's' "the further off the label you drill the ball, the harder it hits, i got that from seeing the drillings on the stuff on the PBA tapes" I'm sure i'm not the only one who can remember examples like this so fire away!

left handers have an advantage, hahahahaha obviously have not seen the scores from the Melbourne Cup each year :D When will people realise that its all fair in this game :D

George no advantage heh does Cannington ring any bells about lefties not having an advantage lol . And i do agree with you about Melb cup thats when us right handers get even lol.

mmmm, top weight and front roll are both useless. :eek: Ohh, got another one, dont play outside of 10 board :lol:

And another.

Wrist guards are great devices, you should use one :roll: (no mention of having a problem that requires the use of a guard / brace though). Evil... evil... things.

Ralph

There was no excuse for Canington as the condition was the same across the lanes. There was no outragious advantage to the lefties as you are claiming other than the shot held a little longer.(only due to numbers not actual condition difference) You only need to look at the averages. Its not like the Right handers didn't have a shot to play unlike the lefties at Melb Cup
Have a look at the averages by Lefties at the Melbourne cup and you will see a huge difference to cannington. Both sides played well at Cannington so I don't see the bigger advantage to the lefties here.

oh and beleive me this actually hurts not only am I sticking up for the lefties but also a Queenslander, and not just a Queenslander but George - who would of thought.

Back
Top Bottom