Whats the best ball to buy for long oiled lanes.

methomann

Hi everyone dont know if im in the wright section but here`s my question anyway?. What is the best type of ball to buy for long oiled lanes or for HPL lanes. What i would like the ball to do if i can find a the wright one with the help from all of you in total bowling is to roll early and hook early.:confused:Your help would be muchly appericated. ty

G'day Rhys

A great ball for very long oil is the Visionary AMB Particle. This ball just about hooks on the ball return, even in soup.

Hope that helps, regards......Max

Speak to your local Pro-shop operator & ask them to have a look at you bowl & I'm sure they could suggest quite a few different balls for you.

All the best,

Andrew

Hi B&B the bowling centre that i bowl in does not have a local pro shop operator so that is why i am asking over totalbowling what sort of ball would be good to buy for these sort of lanes. thankyou for your reply.:D

Hi scott i bowl at AMF Redcliffe. Since i have come back to bowling the lanes at Redcliffe they have been upgraded to HPL Lanes and the oil pattern is now alot longer that i am use too there.This is why i am asking for help in find a suitable ball that will love these sort of lanes and condition.To roll early hook sharp through this type of pattern.I think im not to sure that the lanes are oiled to 35 feet buffed to 40 feet.Thankyou for your reply.:)

Hi Rhys sorry for the long wait for a reply mate i think the best balls on the market at the moment are the visonary gear. mate i use four different types of visonary gear the one i use for loger oil and is really good on HPL would have to be my imortal pearlised and the bronze does the job aswell mate speak to Max from BBA and he will help u out with those balls if u are interested. my personal opinion I would be going to the imortal pearlised or a G3 either one with the drilling with pin above the fingers. And as for someone to drill it mate give my old man (Harry Fryer) a buzz at loganhome bowl and speak to him about drilling it for you but i would be giveing Max a call to Get hold of one of these balls if you want one trust me you wont be disapointed buddy. I hope i have been of some help to you

Just remember on a heap of oil you wont get that big snap on the backend, earlier rolling stuff usually has a smoother move on the back of the lane. Just pick whichever brand takes your fancy, they all have something good.

Rhys

Good to see you are still bowling.

If you are looking for something to turn the corner on a long, heavily oiled pattern you need to take a look at the Columbia300 Action Max or the new Big Shot.

Go to www.columbia300.com

Thankyou to everyone who has replied to my questions about what sort of ball i should use on long oiled lanes.Congrats to you Brando on your win on the weekend in carins.I shall take all of this into account and look into it.Thankyou again to all.:)

It all depends on what reaction you are wanting once the ball leaves the oil pattern.

If you are wanting a hard charging break at the end of the pattern, I would suggest going an Immortal Solid or the new VBP Ogre. Both are aggressive solid reactives, that will retain their energy well to unleash it where it counts.

If you are wanting a smooth controllable roll at the end of the pattern, and you prefer playing a safer line, the AMB particle or Granite gargoyle could be what you are looking for.

There are many other choices from other brands, but I can only comment on the ones I've tried and tested!

All the best!

Hope this helps :D

Back
Top Bottom