Lane Project

Bowldave

Soo finally got it done!
Home town bowl centre got new lanes... So what do you do with the old ones??
Well put them in your hallway at home :)
Got some hours of work in it but really love it!!
What do you think??
Got a lil bit of approach, dots and arrows.. Total of 22ft!
2d0ch8l.jpg

15hk9hv.jpg

2v118yc.jpg

fyl4ea.jpg

Love it, different concept to the usual bar that is made.
I can't believe you have inlaid it with your regular floor boards.
How long did it take you?

Love it, different concept to the usual bar that is made.
I can't believe you have inlaid it with your regular floor boards.
How long did it take you?

We had some water damage in the bathroom, and it leeked into our hallway..
So we had to put in a new foundation floor aswell..
Then cork plates under the parts were there's the normal wooden floor..
Cause the wooden floor is just 3 mm high and the lane 16 mm :)
Saw the wooden pieces, place the lane, then build the wooden floor around it and finished it with the plinths!

It took about 14 hours, plus the transport of the big lane plates..

That looks great. Very tastefully done and would love to have something like that in my home.

Sure beats a bar any day.

I live at Lake Macquarie, for the last ten years I have been doing temporary patches on my jetty, I have been waiting for an old lane to become available so I can rebuild the jetty as a bowling lane. Want to hold a 1 lane tournament in summer, loser gets thrown in the lake. No oil, so bring plastic if you expect to hit pins.( I just missed out when Bennetts Green Bowl was closed)
If anyone knows of a full lane deck available, please let me know.

I live at Lake Macquarie, for the last ten years I have been doing temporary patches on my jetty, I have been waiting for an old lane to become available so I can rebuild the jetty as a bowling lane. Want to hold a 1 lane tournament in summer, loser gets thrown in the lake. No oil, so bring plastic if you expect to hit pins.( I just missed out when Bennetts Green Bowl was closed)
If anyone knows of a full lane deck available, please let me know.
No oil? Just like Bennett's Green!:D

Now that is AWESOME. Be no good for me though - I wouldn't be able to help myself. There definitely would be balls rolling down that corridor !!!

Excellent !
Cheers
JK

Jason and Androoooo are probably not talking about the same thing, the lanes were changed over to Synthetics about the year 2000, I do remember Jason bowling in the Lake Macquarie Open in I think 1998, the year that I left Bennetts Green, after working their for 10 years, they still had the Original Lanes Built on site by Australians, which in itself is a rare thing, as the Timber in the lanes had to be placed in precisely the right way, with all the pine area needing the Grain to curve towards the Headpin, working there for 10 years I know this was not the reality, but in saying that I spoke to John Greenfield (this is someone I call a friend we actually new each other before we both worked in Bowling Centres) and he told me they didn't have enough Timber to follow that procedure.

Now the MAIN problem at Bennetts was the Spectrum Ball Returns, they could not Handle extra Oil. We lost, over the years I worked there, many a Bowler who Bowled with 16 lb plastics because they got stuck in the return and got damaged, we had to repair them but in doing so they got smaller so this increased the amount of times they got stuck. Now you might say we should have increased the Oil for Major Tournaments but many a Tournament Bowler used Plastics to make Spares, this would have been disastrous during a Tournament because of time constraints.

I tried to have the Ball Returns replaced over the years I was working there but it never happened, even as late as 1998 the year I left I had finally convinced the Powers to Be to put in the Surepicks, that were being replaced at Hornsby Bowl, later that year. After I left a New Supervisor from Brisbane was put in charge and said it was a stupid idea, so he knocked it on the Head. The unfortunate thing was when they were closing the Bowl I was sent over from Mayfield Bowl to have a look at all the House balls and pick out the best to take over to Mayfield, what did I see, many a damaged Ball from the returns and this was the Sad part not 1 Ball over 14 lb, the Heavy Balls had been removed, where?

willey

Good idea for my new home's hallway. I am putting in a floating floor. Know any available lanes that want a new home in Cranbourne.

Back
Top Bottom