Kegel QLD open 2012

caboolture bowl

I would just like to thank all the bowlers who traveled to Caboolture on the weekend for the 2nd running of the Kegel Qld Open, with 102 entries for the event it proves that the Sport of Tenpin is alive and strong which was backed up by Kegel with support for next years event confirmed.

Congratulations to Brendan Meads on his first National Event win and to all the bowlers that made it through to the Matchplay final, it was a real test with the top 15 in the matchplay bowling 29 games for the weekend with pinfall carrying all the way. Full results can be found on the National Events section or the TBA web site.

Finally I would like to thank Mary Flower and the Team who put in very long hours over the weekend and many hours of lead up work to make this event what it was, once again the support from Cybernetic Solutions the Austalian Kegel Distributor a huge thanks for your support to the Sport of Tenpin in Australia.

Cheers

Brian Bates
Caboolture Bowl

Yes, followed the scores all weekend. Thanks to those who keep us informed. Scores were 'interesting' at times. Talking about 'interesting' scores, what happened to George?

I was skulking around, and im certainly no expert so take what im about to say very lightly, was just my observations.

I saw George throwing the new Storm VIVID for alot of the quals and it seemed to me the ball wasnt reading up early enough, like it wasnt ready to move when it had to. George is a great bowler and i was just waiting for him to dig deep, like he does, and turn those 200's into 230 - 240+'s. It just didnt seem to happen. Disappointing really. Was also disappointed Sam Cooley didnt bowl, i'd of thought he would of blitzed it on that pattern. Obviously had his reasons and thats fine :).

Like i said they were just my observations, Thats not a cop out to the Storm VIVID or George.

Meadsy bowled super well, was great to watch.

Mate I just didn't bowl well plain and simple... No excuses, my timing was out big time. The balls I chose were great it was purely me executing poor shots. A good reality check for me, helps me focus a little more for the upcoming AO

Ps the vivid is the closest thing to an original Virtual Gravity I've thrown, probably my best ball in my bag at the moment along with my Modern Marvel

Mate I just didn't bowl well plain and simple... No excuses, my timing was out big time. The balls I chose were great it was purely me executing poor shots. A good reality check for me, helps me focus a little more for the upcoming AO

Ps the vivid is the closest thing to an original Virtual Gravity I've thrown, probably my best ball in my bag at the moment along with my Modern Marvel

I don't really know how to write this but I'm glad George has come out and said plain and simple that it was him chucking it bad and not the lane condition or his gear. I have found over the years that people use every excuse under the sun when they bowl bad except for that they simply didnt chuck the ball well today. Just shows what a good sport George really is!!

Well done to Mary and the team! It was great having scores coming through after every block or game

This was my first time competing at Caboolture bowl and won't be the last, I felt right at home in the centre and everyone made me feel welcome. I think I caught George's flu as I didn't bowl well either and look to get things right for the AO. I will be returning to the Kegel Open next year and hope to have a better tournament.

I had a go and would like to thank the people for an excellent weekend. I will certainly be back and next year will even bring my own bowling shoes and pack a belt, probably won't make me bowl any better but at least I will feel comfy!

Back
Top Bottom