Just an update on Adrian Shelton

bellamae

Hi Everyone,

For those who don't know me I am Adrian Shelton's wife. As many of you know he has been battling a very aggressive brain tumour. We moved to Adelaide in early December to hopefully reverse his condition using a natural treatment which was our last hope. Unfortunately things have not gone well. His cancer is in it's final stages and he is now confined to a bed. It has been a difficult few months for us as Adrian's health has declined, we have made the most of our time together by having a beautiful christmas (our first with our son Jarryd) and a wonderful birthday party for him which some of his SA bowling friends attended. I just wanted to thank everyone for all their support and love for our family, his whole life revolved around bowling and it meant so much to him to be able to share a beer and a chat with his mates. It is his moments of clarity that I see the old Adrian we all know and love and will miss dearly. He is a fighter and has lasted much longer than doctors predicted. We are thankful everyday that we are together and cherish those moments. I know he wishes he was back on the lanes with his friends again
Thank you all again
Love Shannette Shelton

Hi Shannette,

This is E-J from Innisfail. I am so sorry to hear this news. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Can you please send us your postal details as we have something special to give Adrian.

Kind Regards

E-J and Mandy Starkey
Innisfail Sugarbowl Lanes

Hi Shanette,
Please give our best to Adrian. We are also thinking of you and Jarryd. Be strong and tell him to have a beer for me! Please let Adrian know that Jake is going very well with his bowling.

Grant, Wendy, Jake and Sam.

Hi Shannette,

I really don't know what to say. News like this is just shocking....I am sorry i had no idea how bad his condition was getting...

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you, Adrian and all your family... It's an awful thing to feel so powerless in the face of a disease, particularly when it is in someone you love...

Shanette,

I only Thought about Shelton yesterday actually and was wondering how he was, this is really sad news, I didn't think it was that bad either,

Give him all my wishes! and I hope your staying strong for Adrian!!

Elaine and Brett.

My thoughts and those of the Twin Tour bowlers are with you .... we really miss the XXXX man. You will be strong as you have always been, Shannette.

Flower

Hi Shannette so sorry things have not improved i remember the last bowling trip and staying with him and Kearney its not fair. Tell him i bowled another bloody 299 last thursday but im not as good as Mr back to back. Lots of Love Paul

Found a Twin Tour piccy with Adrian at the Caboolture Tour Stop - a familiar pose !! Enjoying the moment .....

Flower

Attachments

• ME,ADRIAN & XXXX.pdf
    210.1 KB · Views: 123
Thank you for the update, next time I"m at a bowl I'll buy a XXXX bitter and drink it for him. A friendly and unforgetable character in the game, his presence will be sorely missed.

Keep smiling Adrian...

It was a pleasure getting to know Adrian.... The guy knows everything about bowling.
Stay strong, and be safe.

Mitch Hennessey

Back
Top Bottom