John Wilk 299 at Innisfail

John Wilk bowled a great 299 ( solid 10 pin ) to go along with his previous 299 and a 300 at Mackay a few years back.
Who said Nth Qld has rubbish lanes ??

Bowling big scores does not mean lanes are great, and lets not go on about conditions in this post, especially in North Queensland. Well done to my friend John Wilk, a true gentlemen who always gives 110% to the sport. Well done on your game, I'm sure there is plenty to come................

George

Oil patterns

George i dont think you can ever knock our conditions. At least our conditions in NORTH QUEENSLAND are legal. Not like some centres in brisbane

George.....jusr re-read my post and can't find anywhere a mention about great lanes !!
I simply said they were not rubbish . I recall your last visit here something being mumbled about " patchy, inconsistent ".

Who said Nth Qld has rubbish lanes ??

I never said they had rubbish lanes, I bowled on them for over 18 years. I said " bowling big scores doesn't mean the lanes were great ".

I was trying to highlight that lanes can of any standard, and people should focus on someone's acheivement not on the lane conditions they bowled or where they bowled them. Irrelevant on how easy or hard or poor the lanes were, you still got to make the shots when they count!

John is a great bowler and has many more years than me racked up. I can only hope that when I am his age I'm still throwing high games.

As for Sam, your killing me, Ayr has an illegal condition 24/7 as there is no oil on the edge boards at the foul line that is clearly illegal, as was the pattern you put down for the Burdekin Open. Nothing in the Burdekin has been legal for over 10 years with your need to give bowlers free hook and no oil near the gutters.

Yes Brisbane is full of centres that do not make the new TBA standard, its their perogitive to do so. As a bowling centre proprietor you have the ability to change things in North Queensland and you choose not to because it will upset your locals. Somethings change, somethings don't.

If you really want to progress and further the sport in your centre start oiling every board. Until then, what your giving your bowlers daily is nothing but free hook and false beliefs on their personal ability. As discussed on other posts, EDUCATION is the key, its a slow process but if you are serious about changing things all you have to do is ask for help. I have got no troubles in travelling up their and assisting you and your bowlers.

As a fulltime bowler, I'll bowl on what is ever is given to me, I don't care. But for the juniors who are up and coming in your area they need your assistance and guideance. I'm telling you now by not oiling the edge you are cheating them!

I will be in North Queensland within the next few weeks, I'll let you know the dates so we can discuss this further over a few soda's. :D

Good luck this weekend Sam and again, well done to John.

Wilky,

Well done on a great game. You are one of the true gentleman of our sport and deserve every good thing that comes your way.

Cheers

Steve

Nice shooting John - with Cairns just around the corner, it's a good time to be running into form.

See you up there.

Ha Ha George

George you are unbelieveable, im not going to get into a fight with you about who has legal and illegal conditions as you know very well about kedron last year. But in my defence i will say that i had no control over the Burdekin Open Condition and you know that i had a independant oiler from a centre in Sydney that came and put that condition down. The some oiler that does the Rachuig each year and i believe even done some super six tourneys. So i did not oil them myself and im sure the gentleman that oil them layed down a legal conditon that he was payed to do.

Im sure someone that is employed by our TBA bowlers spokesman would not lay down an illegal condition DO YOU?

Re: Ha Ha George

brown beach boy said:
George you are unbelieveable, im not going to get into a fight with you about who has legal and illegal conditions as you know very well about kedron last year

What happened in Kedron??

Back
Top Bottom