Jetstars 5c Fairs

Power Penguin

Jetstars 5c Fares.

JETSTAR has fired the next round in the battle for control of Australia's skies by swamping the market with 5000 tickets at just five cents each.
The discount carrier's own sale of the century will begin at 7pm.
It will run until a minute before midnight, with travellers getting to fly to the Gold Coast, Hobart, Launceston, Newcastle, Rockhampton and Mackay for less than it costs to buy a mint leaf sweet or a single bean in a fruit and vegetable shop.

The fares include flights from Melbourne to Hobart, Launceston and Newcastle.

Jetstar says it is celebrating five key industry awards, including the respected Skytrax World's Best Low Cost Carrier prize for 2007.
But the announcement comes only days before start-up carrier Tiger Airways begins its first flights at $9.95 a ticket from Melbourne to the Gold Coast and to far North Queensland.
Jetstar chief executive officer Alan Joyce said the airline was proud of its award-winning achievements.
"At a time when everything from petrol to groceries is skyrocketing, a five-cent airfare is unprecedented in Australia," Mr Joyce said.
Only travellers on the Jetstar database are eligible.
The fares will only be offered on seven Jetstar routes.
Tiger Airways, the budget offshoot of Singapore Airlines, is working to get regulatory approval to begin operating by Friday.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22796022-662,00.html?from=mostpop

Deathstar *shudders* :chair:

Fly from Hobart to Melbourne and your luggage would end up in Brisbane or somewhere like there that, that's if you don't rock up to the airport and they cancel the flight on you because they can, first!

For 5c, on the surface that sounds too good to be true, which means it probably is, it'd be all the hidden expenses involving them that'd concern me about flying with them.

The Tiger Airline deals will be pretty awesome when it starts operating out of here shortly, be interested to see/hear how they perform.

The Tiger Airline deals will be pretty awesome when it starts operating out of here shortly, be interested to see/hear how they perform.
Be interesting to know what their policy on bowling equipment is. Not too much worry for us here in SA for a while but will still be good to know.

The only problem with a 5c airfare is that you still have to pay $40+ in taxes and levys :(
In reality, alot of the airfares advertised are pretty cheap... like Melb - Syd is really only about $30 but the fees push it over the $80 mark.

Be interesting to know what their policy on bowling equipment is. Not too much worry for us here in SA for a while but will still be good to know.
Well as we are getting it in Mackay for direct flights to Melbourne I was interested to know as well. And I found on their website in regards to sporting equipment it notes that for every item of sporting equipment it is $25 per item.

The only problem with a 5c airfare is that you still have to pay $40+ in taxes and levys :(
In reality, alot of the airfares advertised are pretty cheap... like Melb - Syd is really only about $30 but the fees push it over the $80 mark.
Gotta be better than the $680-odd it cost on TAA or Australian Airlines or whatever it become to get from here to Perth to do a President's Shield in the early 90's.
I'd planned to move over there to live with a chick about a year or so later, but didn't go because I couldn't afford to get there. :)

Gotta be better than the $680-odd it cost on TAA or Australian Airlines or whatever it become to get from here to Perth to do a President's Shield in the early 90's.
I'd planned to move over there to live with a chick about a year or so later, but didn't go because I couldn't afford to get there. :)
A bit too ugly mate????:sorry:

Still $40 of charges and levys is better than an $80 flight.

A bit too ugly mate????:sorry:
LOL nah Reg, actually this one was very fine indeed. Very nice. :)
A trainee nurse that I met over there.

I was seriously sh!tty that I couldn't get over there, but them's the breaks, stayed friends and then we both met other people.:)

Back
Top Bottom