Is the media missing something ...

Fitzy

Underpaid
... in regards to the formula for the socceroos advancing to the next round?!?
:confused:

I am hearing consistently that Australia is requiring Germany to absolutely smash Ghana for us to make it through to the next round!! (on goal difference)

I may not be a rocket scientist though the most obvious (and easiest) way for us to make it through, is for Germany to not win at all!!!!

Australia must win! That's a given. A draw or loss is not available to us. This will put us on 4 points and Serbia stay on 3.

Ghana beat Germany, they are on 7 Germany stay on 3.
Ghana go through on top and Australia go through in second. Goal difference means SQUAT!

Is it myself that is missing something, maybe?!?!? :confused::confused::confused:

I think the media dont expect Germany to lose. They are a very high calibre side and have proven that year after year in the World Cup. BUT................................this world cup has given us more shocks than most sporting events of recent history (Ghana sitting on top of our group for a start, and Serbia beating Germany), so anything is possible, i guess the media is just broadcasting the most likely outcome..............

So I take it your only an 'Aussie' when you're bashing the Australians watching the WORLD game?!?

soccer is not the true Aussie sport. AFL (FOOTBALL) is and always will be.

Much like tennis, cricket etc, soccer is just another sport. Aussies should support AFL in favour of that garbage.

Just like religion/sexual persuasion/political opinion or any other similar opinion or interest, REAL AUSTRALIANS should have the choice to choose as they please.

Who gives a toss what the 'Australian' sport is. FOOTBALL (Soccer) is the WORLD sport and being that Australia is a part of the world (apart from the little box that surrounds yourself) Australians should follow it as much as they please, alongside their other choices of sports of course. Quite frankly a pie eating contest is MORE an 'Australian' sport than AFL (and slightly more interesting also, only slightly mind you)!

So you are saying:
americans should drop their gridiron, they should drop baseball.
England should drop cricket.
Japan should drop whale hunting.
and so on.....

You can call anything a world sport but the fact is most countries have a sport they consider their own. We have Aussie rules FOOTBALL and it is considered the Aussie sport.

Things are also called by different names in different countries. In Australia AFL is called football and soccer is called soccer (except by the fanatic few).

So you are saying:
americans should drop their gridiron, they should drop baseball.
England should drop cricket.
Japan should drop whale hunting.
and so on.....

No, as I said above ...

REAL AUSTRALIANS should have the choice to choose as they please.

and ...

Australians should follow it as much as they please, alongside their other choices of sports of course

But, what I am now saying, by highlighting the above is ...

You remain:
See section 3

Folks I don't the difference between AFL and soccer, but I can tell you that I too could care less about the world cup. In the US the only 4 sports worth mentioning are Football( NFL ), Baseball, Basketball, and Nascar. I guess we better throw Golf in there to. But in my opinion watching baseball, and Golf is as exciting as watching paint dry.

Back
Top Bottom