Interesting EBAY auction- Aussie team shirt!

Late 70's to mid 80's, Gary Kee was one of the dominant forces in Australian bowling. He was part of the Gold Medal winning Mens Team at the '79 World FIQ. Probably one of the most naturally talented players Australia ever produced, he was a childprodigy, performing at exhibition matches from 3 years old. He won many tournaments, including at least 1 Melbourne Cup, back when it was at Ringwood. Didn't have much hand, indeed was known for having one of the softer shots around but he was deadly accurate, usually with little or no practice.

He quit the sport sometime in the mid to late 80's, I believe (and please correct me if wrong) because he preferred to concentrate on his dentistry and his music.

I bowled against Gary Kee in the early 70's as juniors...he was a champion bowler even then.
He is the younger brother of fashion guru and artist Jenny Kee. I too recall that he left bowling to concentrate on a music career.

Yeah Tonx..This is where your knowledge is sadly lacking. The HISTORY of our sport will open up your mind to many marvelous past champions and their accomplishments. Maybe you should stop chatting and start reading.

A further note to this auction. It is a re-listing. The shirt failed to attract any bidders the first time it was listed.

I'll get right on that Wayne. How is that poll going? Maybe you should stop chatting and fill out that nomination form this time.

Thanks to the guys who actually had a decent input in this thread. It's good to hear some have bowled against this cat and can speak highly of him. Anyone got any old vids of him that they can upload?

Tonx

See if anyones got vids of the 89 Coca Cola classic where he beats Fred Allsopp, Kevin Pickering and Carl Bottemley, then loses a close one next game to Ken Sheehan. He makes some rather strange conditions look not real hard!!

Should be footage of the Melbourne Cup he won. 3 very tight games against Frank Ryan.

Commentator referred to the match as the "pint" sized Gary Kee against the "family sized" Frank Ryan.

Back
Top Bottom