Incomplete pins

R

rynzeski

This happened during one of my league. A team mate was about to bowl when I noticed a pin was missing. I tried to warn him but it was too late he already bowled.

It was quite obvious and everyone agreed including the opposing team that there was a pin missing from the deck, but they said that my team mate cannot re-bowl as he already had a legit delivery.

What is the official ruling on this? Can you declare a dead ball on this situation or our opposition at that time was right, it is too late once the ball has been released?

From the TBA Rulebook...
RULE 110 DEAD BALL
A ball will be declared dead if any of the following occur, in which case such ball will not count. The pins must be respotted
after the cause for declaring such dead ball has been removed and player will be required to re-bowl:
(a) If after the player delivers his ball and attention is immediately called to the fact that one or more pins were missing
from the setup.
(b) When a human pin setter removes or interferes with any pin or pins before they stop rolling or before the ball reaches
the pins.
(c) When a player bowls on the wrong lane or out of turn.
(d) When a player is interfered with by a pin setter, another bowler, spectator, or moving object as the ball is being
delivered and before the delivery is completed. The player must then and there accept the resulting pinfall or demand
that pins be re spotted.
(e) When any pins at which he is bowling are moved or knocked down in any manner, as the player is delivering the ball
and before the ball reaches the pins.
(f) When a player’s ball comes in contact with any foreign obstacle, including Bumper Rails. (except in Bumper Leagues).

RULE 110 DEAD BALL
A ball will be declared dead if any of the following occur, in which case such ball will not count. The pins must be respotted
after the cause for declaring such dead ball has been removed and player will be required to re-bowl:
(a) If after the player delivers his ball and attention is immediately called to the fact that one or more pins were missing
from the setup.
(b) When a human pin setter removes or interferes with any pin or pins before they stop rolling or before the ball reaches
the pins.
(c) When a player bowls on the wrong lane or out of turn.
(d) When a player is interfered with by a pin setter, another bowler, spectator, or moving object as the ball is being
delivered and before the delivery is completed. The player must then and there accept the resulting pinfall or demand
that pins be re spotted.
(e) When any pins at which he is bowling are moved or knocked down in any manner, as the player is delivering the ball
and before the ball reaches the pins.
(f) When a player’s ball comes in contact with any foreign obstacle, including Bumper Rails. (except in Bumper Leagues).
Should have been declared a dead ball and rebowled

Rule 110 is from the TBA Rule book, which is the Rule book we use in Australia

Which is pretty much all adopted from the WIBC Rules, which is more or less the same as the USBC Rules.

Back
Top Bottom