How to make that big entrance!

Crawf

Doin' the Mess Around!
I had to nominate myself for this one. Started a new league after a 4 month break last night, and i was a bit nervous, because some of these guys were very good, and my form was non existent at best.

So i lined up, took my time, delivered my first practice shot... WHUMP!!!! I turned to see the ball sitting neatly behind me on the approach. :roll: I had forgotten to put tape in my thumb hole! The stunned silence and open mouths around me said it all. That was not quite the way i wanted to introduce myself to the league! On the plus side though, it caught them well off guard when i had actually beaten a lot of them by the end of the night. Not such a bad strategy after all! :wink:

Well, it's always good when you're leaving a bowling alley and your tote bag falls off the top of your bowling bag and hits the glass door and makes a big bang. These sorts of things are a way to get attention from people. I was thankful I didn't break the damn thing. :lol:

Bubyee

Rowey :p

a good way to make an entrance is to have big black glasses that dont fit you(rowey) :lol: ,nah seriously thought im always mega shy when i come in cause everyone looks at ya when there just casual bowlers and you come in with all these bowling balls and everything so i normally just normally stutter to the desk 8) works a charm :p

later

Lol i agree with that harley u get put on the same pair of lanes as the social bowlers and u take 1 ball out and they stare at you like ur a freak and then you throw a strike lol there like :shock: lol

the one i will clam, new shoes n u slide way to far on your 1st shont or u stick n end up on the lane face 1st. thats when u have :oops: look on your face.

Dropping house balls works marvellously...sure I did it whilst working, but I recieved a lot of unwanted attention...I never knew 6lb balls could bounce so well... :shock:

Oh yeah, it's always good when you're carryin two bowling balls and you drop one and try to make it stop bouncing lol. Makes a goodin' of a scene. :pI know this is way off the subject but on David Letterman they dropped bowling balls off a buillding to pins on the ground. Third time lucky they just went BOOM and the balls cracked open pretty well. :p They tjrew other things like paint, a TV, and a container of bouncy balls. :p
Bubyee

Rowey

Say you're at a bowling alley with a flight of stairs, drop your bowling balls just as you get to the very last step down the stairs, then just say if anyone asks which they probably will that your back gave way or something. :?

How to make a grand entrance into Bankstown Bowl...
Carry 2 tote bags up the stairs, and take the stairs 2 at a time. Completely misjudge the last step and fall flat on your face in front of everyone...hehehehe
No it wasnt me that did the falling, I did the laughing... :lol:

Or when you forget to zip up your bag, and as you talk to the manager you watch as your bowling balls crash to the ground, and go for a roll down towards the cafe. Hungry little buggers :p

harley said:
a good way to make an entrance is to have big black glasses that dont fit you(rowey) :lol:
What are you laughing at, Harley. Sure they looked ridiculous on me and they were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too big, but... :oops:

Bubyee

Rowey :p

I can remember an entrance I did a few years ago at AMF Junior Shield at Forest Hill (Vic) ....

The Sunshine Shield team had just gotten on the approach to do our start of day chant. We got in our group huddle and because I was wearing shoe covers, I slipped on the approach and landed on my bum.

I started laughing and everyone looked to see me sitting on the approach with my team around me. I still haven't lived that one down

bitchy lil brunette said:
Try Wearing Fluro Pink Slippers Into A Bowling Alley You Just Get Stared At!

Yeah I wore Paul Frank slippers like the whole time during nats last year...I was noticed...haha

I was bowling at Olympic Bowl in Canberra (yes. that was in 1987), when on my 2nd ball in practice I fell over the foul line. To cap it off, I found out 3 weeks later that I was pregnant. My son turned 17 1/2 last week, and I celebrated my IL birthday yesterday (have a guess). Still very cautious of the foul line these days, that I walk up to approx 18 inches from the line and throw the ball from there (due to back and knee problems), and have a 116 average. Have been bowling for over 32 years!!!

Crawf said:
Or when you forget to zip up your bag, and as you talk to the manager you watch as your bowling balls crash to the ground, and go for a roll down towards the cafe. Hungry little buggers :p

Did something similar last week... luckily we'd finished late, and most of the people were gone. Forgot to zip up the bag, picked up the handle, went up some steps...... CLONK CLONK rollrollroll THUNK. How embarassment :confused:

1st practice for AMF Jnr Shield (Vic - Knox) in 2002 ... a couple of us bowled a league b4 the practice so during the warm - up shots we were just mucking around ... One of the girls was like "Let's be like the guys & crank the shots & have huuuge back swings!" So we got the little 6lbs & 8 lbs balls ... all the girls had a try ... then i'm like "I'm sooo gonna have the hugest backswing on this bad boy!!" Had this huge back swing that felt like it came up 2 the height of my head ... came down with the follow - through ... I was bowling on lane 18 .... my ball ended up on lane 20 ... haha ... i hadn't see a ball jump so many lanes ... ! Highly embarrassed ... I vowed I would never attempt a high - backswing shot ever again!

Freddie said:
Did something similar last week... luckily we'd finished late, and most of the people were gone. Forgot to zip up the bag, picked up the handle, went up some steps...... CLONK CLONK rollrollroll THUNK. How embarassment :confused:

i did something like that couple of months ago, but different, i forgot to zip up my bag, i move it from the players area and only picking it up by the straps, and near the front counter, then i start rolling it towards a friend,but then 1 of my ball's came out a started heading to the doors and they were open!!! and almost got out (my bowling ball dont like me) and there was alot of social and league bowlers around, now come on, thats embarassment

Emerson sheild at Bendigo just gone, the ball dropped out of my hand on the downswing and bounced twice before going in the right hand gutter about ten foot down the lane. Bob Hinton did give me a worried look. I went on to win 3 of 6 games so not so bad in the end.

Mantis

Back
Top Bottom