How many games to wear out a ball?

How long is a piece of string?

Cleaning, resurfacing, and rejuvinating a ball can have it reacting well for ages. Poor management of the coverstock can have it die very quickly :D

I have a 20 year old Thunderbolt that still packs a punch...........

Jason

Haha, thunderbolt, yeah mine still goes alright, not that i use it much, but it would have thousands of games on it....

Re : the Avatar used by Blueheeler 73 .

is that a real book cover ? ? is so , That is one of the Sickest Kids book cover's i have seen :-& a Chimp eating a Rabbit :eating:

Back on topic........................

A properly maintained cover will last you between 200 to 600 games while maintaining a reasonable reaction. Some covers maintain reaction longer than others. The Brunswick Activator covers are well known for maintaining reaction longer than most, however I have found the Dynothane Soaker covers seem to maintain reaction longest of the current releases. Whereas most covers are at their best out of the box, the Dynothane Soakers actually need a few games (usually about 10 to 15) to "come in to their own". After that they retain a consistent reaction characteristic for many hundreds of games as opposed to many others that start to lose their original reaction after 50 to 100 games.

Maintenance and the lane conditions also have an effect. If you are bowling on a very abbrasive surface, then much more coverstock maintenance is required. Covers should be cleaned after every league and tournament set, not before the next one as this allows the oil to migrate further into the surface. Resurfacing should be only done by a competent pro shop operator, especially with particle balls. The use of the incorrect abbrasives and polishes on particle balls ruins the cover very quickly.

Brenton_Davy said:
Back on topic........................
Covers should be cleaned after every league and tournament set, not before the next one as this allows the oil to migrate further into the surface. Resurfacing should be only done by a competent pro shop operator, especially with particle balls. The use of the incorrect abbrasives and polishes on particle balls ruins the cover very quickly.

Agree 100%

avatar mmmmm could be a book....and yes it is! or it could be one of our great QLD bowlers taking on the South ..........think about it

QLD **GO THE MAROONS**

Back
Top Bottom