How many centres don't have a Tech these days

Odin_Tech

Bowl Tech
I worked at a centre for 15 years then the business sold. The new owners kept me on as the Tech for a few months then decided they didn't want to spend money on wages to do lane and pinsetter maintenance. The lanes now get washed and oiled by the owner or a couple of league bowlers/pro bowler wannabes and when a pinsetter has a fault and they can't fix it they just call AMF and get instructions over the phone.

Well unless the Owners do have a knowledge of general Maintenance to the Machine , we know where this is headed. The 70 is a reliable Machine but needs the Dizzy clutches cleaned and lubed at least 3 monthly or they are sure to play up, than there is the yearly Maintenance of the Pits, or else it could get expensive. Probably 2 yearly Maintenance of Ball Lifts. What happens when a Universal breaks and chews up the Carpet?

Willey

Well unless the Owners do have a knowledge of general Maintenance to the Machine , we know where this is headed. The 70 is a reliable Machine but needs the Dizzy clutches cleaned and lubed at least 3 monthly or they are sure to play up, than there is the yearly Maintenance of the Pits, or else it could get expensive. Probably 2 yearly Maintenance of Ball Lifts. What happens when a Universal breaks and chews up the Carpet?

Willey
They have 82-90XL's but there isn't much difference between them and the 70's. The owners didn't have any knowledge about the machines when they bought the business which is why they initially asked me to stay on as the tech until they realised they could just call AMF at Emu Plains if they couldn't work out how to fix something. There is no regular maintenance happening now so I think it won't be long before they start having a lot of problems with the machines.

Sad but they will turn to shit if they don't look after them. Apart from anything they need cleaning. Love to see them do a pit over the phone lol

I own a centre in Kempsey NSW. It would be the one mentioned above. Due to the fact that I had never even seen a bowling pinsetter before I bought this business, I employed a guy as my tech when I first took over last year who had worked in the centre for 15 years. After many attempts to try and get basic mechanical problems fixed, I soon realised that this particular person was just not up to the challenges of being a technician. Thanks to Brad at AMF we have managed to survive quite well without the former mentioned person (who likes to get on forums and facebook and complain about his "now former" employer.) With the help of our fantastic newly appointed team of staff, our centre has never been better.

Thanks for the support Jay. I hope we can continue to provide a quality product to all our loyal bowlers.

I'll be there 2-3 times a week, haven't seen a problem yet and the pattern has improved considerably. You should be commended on what you have done to the place Matt.

1388.gif

Wow, that didn't really go as planned ey..

All the best with your bowl matt, seems like you have a team of capable staff under your wing and the outside contacts to help when needed..

Define tech, a tech who has had 15 years in the business would not take 3 hours to replace a spring an outside contractor did in 30 seconds not to mention any time I saw the above mentioned person "working as a tech" was standing behind the front counter with no enthusiasm to be there.

While I don't live in Kempsey I have friends there and have been to the bowl under both management and I have given basic pointers to Matt face to face on what and how to clean and service that he now has the knowledge to do because the machines hadn't been touched for so long.

What did the tech do?

I own a centre in Kempsey NSW. It would be the one mentioned above. Due to the fact that I had never even seen a bowling pinsetter before I bought this business, I employed a guy as my tech when I first took over last year who had worked in the centre for 15 years. After many attempts to try and get basic mechanical problems fixed, I soon realised that this particular person was just not up to the challenges of being a technician. Thanks to Brad at AMF we have managed to survive quite well without the former mentioned person (who likes to get on forums and facebook and complain about his "now former" employer.) With the help of our fantastic newly appointed team of staff, our centre has never been better.

Thanks for the support Jay. I hope we can continue to provide a quality product to all our loyal bowlers.

Hey guys l am new to the site. I have been out of the industry for 7 years but previously worked on amf 30,70 and Brunswick a2 GS
for18 years and I can say that all these machines are a challenge. Maintenance is the key. If you can get help from knowledgeable people at amf
this is a good fall back. I was a Head Tech for 12 years and I still needed to ask for help from time to time. Good luck at Kempsey you sound like you have everything sorted....

Back
Top Bottom