Brunswick Lane Shield

Are there any "Tech's" or centre owners out there that work in a centre with lane shield, if so could they please let me know what it is like and if they have any problems with it.

No offence to any Brunswick sales team people but you guys will tell me its the best thing since bottled water just to get a sale. So i'm sorry i won't really pay much attention to the replies i get from anyone who works for Brunswick...:D No hard feelings...

Cheers Ash

Tenpin Albury, from what I have read, mainly from the Bowltech site, it's very high scoring and an alterative to replacing lanes that are on thier last legs.

willey

Last legs yeah thats almost us plus we only have our building on a lease and we dont have an exact date as to how many years we have left till they want the land. so we dont wanna go spending all that money on synthetics but we still wanna give our bowlers the best condition we possibly can, which is very hard at the moment, we basically bowl on carrydown ALL the time...

I would say that the majority of bowling centres lease their building............I know of only a handfull of centre that are freehold.

You have a lease that doesn't state the expiry date?

You don't need automated machinery to create higher scoring conditions, you can clean the backends by hand............There are many centres around that would have an old "key" laying around...................I'm sure Willey knows all about "keying the lanes" it's hard work, but definetly worth it, if you want clean dry backends and happy bowlers.

Visit "bowltech" it is by far the best Tenpin bowling technical web site around, you will find all the technical information that you will ever need there....................many Australians tech's visit the site.

Shawn

Brunswick Tech said:
You don't need automated machinery to create higher scoring conditions, you can clean the backends by hand............There are many centres around that would have an old "key" laying around...................I'm sure Willey knows all about "keying the lanes" it's hard work, but definetly worth it, if you want clean dry backends and happy bowlers.

We still clean the lanes here at Kempsey Tenpin by hand using a key

Yeah guys I understand you don't "need" automated gear to get a better condition its just that myself and my dad who wash the lanes also have other 30+ hour jobs so finding time to do this is harder then you think. Also some how I don't see our other tech putting his hand up to do it...

The lease agreement we have is complicated...

But back to the subject at hand, any feed back on "Lane Shield"???

Tenpin Albury, I doubt anyone in Australia is familiar with this product, I would be suprised if it is in use here. From what I have read it is different to Guardian, much thicker, it is not glued down to the lane (only at the Foul line) so it can be taken up and easily transported. It is more costly than a Re-Coat, but it will last for years.

So being a smoother surface than Wood it should be easier to clean, and as I said in my previous post it is exceptionally High Scoring.

willey.

Back
Top Bottom