How Long Does it Take to Get a TBA Card?

I got mine very promptly this year, no more than about 3-4 weeks after I paid. :)
Back in 2007 I paid in the last week of January and still hadn't received my card by the time I quit the game for work reasons in September. :(
Got it when the local association stepped in to sort out the problem.

I got mine on Tuesday. This is the email I got from John Coxon:

When you pay your membership, the Agent you pay enters your data into the data base and sets up a "transaction" in the system for you. Because TBA do not have your money in the Queensland Office at that time, your status is "Unpaid". TBA send out monthly reports to Agents on Unpaid memberships and the fees are paid into TBA. Once the funds are received, your status is changed to Paid, and the card printing is triggered.

In your case, the Agent you paid entered your basic data, but they did not set up a transaction. TBA were not aware you existed until the Agent you paid entered a Transaction for you. That was in August. So TBA were not aware of you until August.

The five month delay in you getting your card was because of your local agent, not TBA.

If im reading this right, AMF MacArthur was to blame for this. Anyone wanna add to this they are welcome to.

So tell me this. What kind of checks do TBA conduct at events where TBA registration is required and the bowler has not yet received it (ie doesn't have a rego number number). Surely if they have to contact the bowlers Agent that makes for an administrative nightmare, especially when some 'agents' are that slack, registrations are submitted until months after they have been paid.

Side note - mine turned up in the post this week after paying for it in Jan/Feb.

i do the rego's at my centre, from what i have seen, as soon as the player is entered into the system (whether a transaction has been added or not) that player receives their number. it just remains as unpaid until the "agent" sends that money to TBA.
easiest thing i have done is wait a week before sending them off. i collect them over a week, then the following monday i get the association treasurer to cut the cheque for me to send off the next day and in return he banks the fee's collected. only seem to wait 2 weeks after posting for the transaction to change.

Maybe thats the trick, I we all register NOW for 2010 we might get our cards in time for next year, Yee Ha I've sold the problem !!!!

My spelling is very bad when i type fast, Sorry everyone
I meant to say

If we all register now AND Yee ha Iv'e Solved the problem

Its up to who you pay how long it takes for the membership card to be generated. TBA have no control over whoever is inputting the membership registrations for each centre. It is the local centre, AMF or the local association who is responsible.

I got an email last week from TBA and apparently they did not receive my application until July. They told me it should be arriving soon.

EDIT: Errmmm....just got an email right now...Make that end of September!!!

My card arrived a couple of days ago. Seems that someone's been shaking the tree at my local centre.

Nice to have that sorted out in time for SPC... :)

I got an email from John as well. Apparently, mine was sent in June (and not July as I posted earlier) but I never received it. He's organised for mine to go on the next print run so I can get it sent to me again.

These things happen in many industries. I'm not upset by it at all and hope John and the TBA can get things running smoothly so there will be no need for a thread like this.

Happy times to all :)

Col :)

Back
Top Bottom