How good was Kingaroy

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Firstly let me thank all the bowlers who made this second stop a success full one just like the first…What a quality field we had, with all the Walsh’s making the trip from Ballina and the clan from Rockhampton on there Bus trip, this is what makes these events what they are…I am sure that Maryborough with the numbers they have already will be just as successful…

David and his staff at Kingaroy Tenpin Bowling centre were fantastic and the hospitality shown by them all was second to none…

Well done to all bowlers who made the cut and cashed…The top 15 was made up of current and former Australian players as well of State players…It would be hard to top the quality of finalists nearly anywhere in Australia…

Congratulations to Vanessa Sumner from Bundaberg on winning the ½ a spot for NON CASHERS still at the finals and presentations…Vanessa now only pays $70 entry at Maryborough…Well done to her…Its well worth staying to watch the finals…

I would like to thank Kellie for doing the scores and organizing all the shirts for everyone…They looked great out on the lanes and yes Brando who knows, we might see Kellie, Suzy and a few of the girls wearing Total Bowling shorts…:D :D :D
I have a marketing position opening up with us here at Total Bowling mate and I see you are the man for the job…;)

To David and his helpers, the organization and all the effort you put into this event was up there…Take a bow mate, as a country centre you guys are all class… You and your staff should be very happy and proud of all the effort and time you put into making this stop a successful one…This goes a long way to making this circuit such a successful one…Your Café staff and mechanics did an outstanding job to make this event what it was…I didn’t hear one complaint at all over the weekend…WELL DONE GUYS…

If I have missed anyone I am sorry and I am sure you will remind me…I have heard some great stories unfold over the weekend…I am sorry missed dinner with Ronnie and the other 20 odd people who went on Saturday night…I am sure he has some stories to tell that unfolded though..

Great weekend guys and thanks for making it a success again and see you all in Maryborough…

If you have some stories from the weekend leave them here for all to read...

Totally agree with you Jase! Kingaroy was great. That was the first time i had ever been there. Just to clarify something the Rocky clan travelled down in cars not a bus fortunately. Anyway all the staff and helpers at Kingaroy great work, and also to Jase and Kellie for keeping everyone well updated throughout the tournament. Congrats to Brando winning yet again.

Congrats to Brando on another fine win.

Thanks to Kingaroy Bowl and staff and Totalbowling for all their support. It is great to see these events up and running again.

I had a great time at Kingaroy. it was great to see that all lane problems were fixed quickly and effeciently. i totally enjoyed bowling. the match play bowling was aspirational well worth staying and watching. It was great meeting up with old friends and meeting new ones. can't wait for the next leg of the tour. congrats to Brandon as well

Kingaroy is the start of getting bowling back to where it should be. I wasn't here for Bundy but if Kingaroy is a sign of times to come I look forward to the rest. The last time I was in Kingaroy it was around 1995 when bowling was strong, 12 yrs later and its like nothing had changed.....

What makes tournaments like this apart from the bowlers is the people behind the scenes. Nothing like this is possible without the organisation committee, sponsors and bowling centres who support it.

I had a great time on the weekend, more so than I do interstate. The atmosphere Nationally has died in the ass, I don't know why either, its just one of those things. Kingaroy was a refreshing change and I look forward to Maryborough next month.

Bowlers need to look at the big picture sometimes, you will never get rich from bowling, its a hobby that has the ability to earn you some extra cash which is peanuts compared to other sports. Bowling is about participation, having fun and meeting new friends. Kingaroy was the epitome of that, its not about the money on offer, its about a weekend away with friends, catching up with people you haven't seen in a while, staying in a dodgy hotel, having a few drinks and occassionally throwing a ball down the lane.

Winning money, bowling good or bad, it doesnt really matter, its about enjoying life!

I'd like to personally thank Jase for organising this series, even whilst retired next year I might bowl this series, its just too good!

Well done to the lord mayor, you are unstoppable. Well done to Mr. Walsh and all the other place getters, and bad luck to those that just missed the cut, you guys had a sweat worked up on the last game and I am sure next time, you will be lucky enough to make it in there with the rest of the field. But Chris and Aaron and the rest of you should be happy with the way you bowled. I would like to say a very big well done to Jenny; you bowled so well all weekend, and you showed the men you can still mix it with the best of them.

To David and all his staff, you all did a great job; the café food was outstanding, better than the RSL, which made a few people a little ill over the weekend. Oh David your daughter needs a pay rise too, she worked so well over the weekend, that’s why she had to take that nap in your office she was over worked.

The trip to Kingaroy was great, just a shame Jase and I couldn’t make it to dinner, but then again maybe a good thing, as I am sure Jase would have wanted to share his food with Ronnie again, not sure Ronnie would have been up too licking it off his lip for the second time in two days.

Brando, we have a special pair of shorts on order for you, and we have booked you in for some run way lessons so you can parade them at the next wide bay, and see how we go with sales.

Thanks to all the people that brought shirts, they looked great out on the lanes, if anyone wants a shirt you send a private message to me and I can place an order for you.

To Jase you always do a good job with the scores, just next time don’t lose them, as I do want to get some sleep before I bowl the next morning.

I am sure there are so many stories from Saturday night, I even think Ronnie got an extra hair in his drink that he didn’t pay for, and from what I hear even the taxi driver got more than he bargained for when he took you home. I even like the way you placed the dog’s that were in the garden in front of our room, we were going to move them but the way you placed them, and they looked like they were busy.

Well everyone I will see you at the next one.

Back
Top Bottom