Congratulations to Kingaroy Tenpin Bowl

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Firstly let me thank all the bowlers who made this second stop for 2008 a successful one once again…What a quality field we had, with both Walsh Boy’s making the trip from Ballina, the clan from Rockhampton, and Shaun Dunn from my own home town of Mackay joining the tour, this is what makes these events what they are…I am sure that Maryborough with the numbers they have already will be just as successful…

David and his staff at Kingaroy Tenpin Bowling centre were fantastic and the hospitality shown by them all was second to none…Minimal break downs and the higher scores this year is just a credit to you and your family…The café food was once again outstanding…Also a very big thank you for the BBQ dinner provided for all that showed on the Saturday night…

Well done to all bowlers who made the cut and cashed…The top 15 was made up of current and former Australian players as well of State players and youth bowlers and a record 3 female bowlers in the cut …It would be hard to top the quality of finalists nearly anywhere in Australia…

Once again we all would like to thank Andrew Christopher for doing the scores for all the forum members…

To David and his helpers, the organization and all the effort you put into holding this event was second to none…Take a bow mate, as a country centre you guys are all class… You should be very proud of all the effort and time you put into making this stop a successful one…This goes a long way to making this circuit such a successful one…Your Café staff and mechanics did an outstanding job to make this event what it was…

For those of you who don’t realise David is the Owner, Manager, Cleaner, Grounds man, Pro Shop operator, and Kitchen hand…He has no staff just some helpers at these big events…That equates to about 120+ hours a week just to make ends meet…The trouble you went to make this event a successful one is outstanding mate...We the bowlers thank you…

I have heard some great stories unfold over the weekend…we went to the RSL on Saturday arvo and the Bundy on TAP was a treat for me and Qualla…Problem being is Qualla can’t stay awake when you start that early and drink out of buckets…

Saturday night was where I found my own form beating the two Walsh’s, Niko, and Brendan Meads in the inaugural Kingaroy Golf Masters…The back nine I can assure you is real tough thanks to a very imaginative Michael Kearney …I am sure there are some stories to tell that unfolded...

Great weekend guys and thanks for making it a success again and see you all in Maryborough…

If you have some stories from the weekend leave them here for all to read...

If I have missed anyone I am sorry and I am sure you will remind me…

I will have a write up on the event shortly...

Well said Jase, David is an absolute legend. How he does all this and still has time to sit and chat with us I'll never know. The man's a dynamo - loved those capping-to-approach heel click combos of his.
To the rest of the Kingaroy mob, thanks for making us feel like we belonged there.

I would also like to thank David & the team at Kingaroy Bowl, awesome job guys, thankyou.

Many thanks to all the sponsors that put there support to this tournament year in year out for very little return.

Well done to Shaun Dunn, great win mate, well bowled. Great to see someone new taking the title. Thats what is so great about this WB series, We get to bowl on various different lane conditions, which gives a great chance for a different winner each time.

As bowlers we are all competitive at different levels, we all handle & respond to different situations, differently. I did notice a few of us bowlers let our emotions get carried away. We need to reel that back in guys, no lofting , no kicking the equipment, other wise there may be no sponsors , no money & no more tournaments to bowl in.

This series is getting better & better each year ,thanks again to Jase & Kel for making all this happen. Great to see three ladies making the cut & even a couple of locals making it to. So Congrats also to all the bowlers who attend the WB series and look forward to seeing everyone in Maryborough.

Quailly

Well first of all thank you to David and his staff at Kingaroy for making everyone feel welcome, and for running such a great event.:groupwave2:

Had some great laughs with great mates on the weekend, first of all after the 1st day I was beating Walshy, I had to brag as much as I could to him, as I knew he would be out to make a point on the Sunday and he did just that, and the fact I bowled bad, made him look good. :wtf1:

Had a great afternoon at the RSL where we all played some Bingo, and won some meat trays in their raffle that they hold.

Michael aka Happy Chicken, you taught myself and others that there is a difference between being faithful and cheating, all that stands in between is a little bit of rubber.

Belinda, Mon, and Mindy, I had a blast with you guys on the Saturday night, Belinda taking us all into the shower of silence for a very in depth chat about something of a different kind, and having some good chat’s, and a lot of drinks with good mates made an enjoyable night. :gossip::beerchug:

Scotty trying to get everyone out of the room, so he could get his groove on in the spa, no one got the hint, not even when you filled the spa, no one was moving. :romp_69l:

Pilko with the hiccups, Carl and Jase told you how to get rid of them and you wouldn’t even try it. :wedgie:

The free BBQ on the Saturday night was a hit, thanks to David and his staff and Tyrone for the supply of the meat. The boys playing their mini golf was great.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the next one.

Hey Kell

I didn't think you knew what an RSL was???

Puss

This made my day reading this post I knew one day one of my quotes would get on the net and it did lol.The full quote sounds better but kel :). I have to say this was one of my best events that i have bowled in i have not laughed that much for a while.

Just to let every one know I am putting the Challenge down for Maryborough... I like jim Beam cans :) Any one that thinks they can beat me in scissors paper rock we play for drinks :) :) :) :)

Kellie thats not excatly how it happend to the best of my knowledge pretty close but not excatly

Firstly I didnt fill the spa Belinda did

Secondly I was way to drunk to get in the spa as I probly would have passed out and drowned.

And Thirdly I would like to take this opportunity to say It wasnt me who wanted everybody out of my room I promise

It was a Fantatic weekend I cant wait till the next stop as I dont remember having this much fun with such a great group of people also thanks to jase for putting the dogs in our room from the garden

To Kingaroy Bowl you guys did a great job all weekend and to David and your staff give yourselfs a huge pat on the back for such a great effort from all of you.

To Jase and Kellie TB does an OUTSTANDING job of this tour so thank you

To Andrew Christopher thanks again on the great effort you put in doing the scores your blood is worth bottling mate

It wasnt very nice of Morty drinking Corona's while we were all bowling on saturday either.

And lastly Pilko and his hiccups that would have to be the funnist thing I have seen in a long while awell as Mick (Happychicken) and his comments all weekend i have never laughed that hard in along while. Mick sissors Paper Rock you got nothing buddy

Cant wait to see you all again at the next stop really looking forward to it

Any one that thinks they can beat me in scissors paper rock we play for drinks :) :) :) :)

Mate the look on your face when I showed up and we played Scissor’s Paper Rock and you had to shout me was Priceless…
:wtf1:
Was like you were the champ of something…:JD::JD:

I didn't know plastic bags could give you so much protection Mick...;)

Kellie thats not excatly how it happend to the best of my knowledge pretty close but not excatly
Firstly I didnt fill the spa Belinda did
Secondly I was way to drunk to get in the spa as I probly would have passed out and drowned.
And Thirdly I would like to take this opportunity to say It wasnt me who wanted everybody out of my room I promise
It was a Fantatic weekend I cant wait till the next stop as I dont remember having this much fun with such a great group of people also thanks to jase for putting the dogs in our room from the garden
To Kingaroy Bowl you guys did a great job all weekend and to David and your staff give yourselfs a huge pat on the back for such a great effort from all of you.
To Jase and Kellie TB does an OUTSTANDING job of this tour so thank you
To Andrew Christopher thanks again on the great effort you put in doing the scores your blood is worth bottling mate
It wasnt very nice of Morty drinking Corona's while we were all bowling on saturday either.
And lastly Pilko and his hiccups that would have to be the funnist thing I have seen in a long while awell as Mick (Happychicken) and his comments all weekend i have never laughed that hard in along while. Mick sissors Paper Rock you got nothing buddy
Cant wait to see you all again at the next stop really looking forward to it

Mate I never seen Belinda running outside saying they won't go.... She was happy to chat with us ha ha ha.:p
But thanks for kicking us out anyway.:D
It was a great weekend, and I can't wait for the next one.

Just to let everyone know I have put the photo's up from the weekend.

Click on the live scores tab up the top of page and click on the 1st photo and just keep clicking next to view them all.

Thanks Kellie

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to see if anyone found or accidently took home Luke's Ebonite Bowlers Kit Bag on the weekend. It is a well loved bag with powder and glue all through the main section and had some of his drilling tools inside along with Ebonite tape (green) and black and white thumb tape.

If anyone has seen it (and hopefully your not holding it ransom !!) can you please PM me so that we can arrange to get it back.

Thanks heaps
Mindy

Hi Everyone,
Just a quick note to see if anyone found or accidently took home Luke's Ebonite Bowlers Kit Bag on the weekend. It is a well loved bag with powder and glue all through the main section and had some of his drilling tools inside along with Ebonite tape (green) and black and white thumb tape.
If anyone has seen it (and hopefully your not holding it ransom !!) can you please PM me so that we can arrange to get it back.
Thanks heaps
Mindy

Hey Mindy,

I recon the post reads better this way…:D:D:D:D

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to see if anyone found or accidently took home Luke on the weekend. It is a well loved boy with powder and white gue all through the main section and has his drilling tool inside along with Bum tape.

If anyone has seen him (and hopefully you’re not holding him for ransom!!), cause I won’t pay a cent for him, can you please PM me so that we can arrange to get him back.

Thanks heaps
Mindy

Back
Top Bottom