• Start date
D

DARRELLHOLTVICTORIA

HOLT CHALLENGE INC. – VICTORIA ZONE

NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

The Holt Challenge Inc. - Victoria Zone Committee are pleased
To announce that the Annual General Meeting will be held at
Mentone Tenpin Bowl, corner Nepean Highway and Warringal Road,
Mentone at 10.30 a.m. sharp Sunday 7th December 2008.
The ordinary business of the annual general meeting shall be:

1. To receive from the committee reports upon the transactions of
The Association (Victoria zone) during the last financial period.
2. To elect a committee.
3. General business.

The annual general meeting may conduct any special business of which
Notice has been given in accordance with the Constitution.
Bowlers wishing to lodge register as a proxy and/or nominate as a
Committee member must do so on the below attached and have them
Lodged within the prescribed time.

Regards
Kerry Murphy
Secretary
Holt Challenge Inc. – Victoria Zone[/COLOR]

View attachment Holt Challenge Nomination form.pdf

View attachment Nomination of Proxy.pdf

Congratulations to the new Victoria Holt Committee. We know you will carry on the good works that was started by the previous Committee :)
Regards,
Alex
Ps Sorry we forgot the doughnuts Jeanette. :p

I was wondering who the comittee members are, the thread said that the meeting is done and the new comittee is created for the next year so for the sake of curiousity i was wondering who are the people who have been honoured with the executive comittee positions for the next year.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

The new committee is:

Steve Arundell - Chairperson
Ros Humphrey - Vice Chairperson
Briana Tomasinski - Secretary
Liz Fabian-Czmok - Treasurer

The rest of the committee comprises of Robyn Bull, Darrell Holt and Sue Wheeler.

Jeanette Kent will be helping out in certain areas as well.

I would also like to thank all the people who gave up their Sunday morning to attend the meeting.

Liz

Is there any chance there will be a push for the Classic Women's average to be lifted to 199 to match the Mens, as the Restricted Womens and Mens are the same?

I was at the AGM for Holt in SA when this was brought up and initially it was passed and then a new motion was put through that it would not be fair for some states that at this point in time struggle to even field a classic team as the women said that it would not be fair to have Raichug standard bowlers in the classic division so the motion was over ruled and the average was placed back at 189 for the ladies.

On the restricted i thought, and i can be held to be corrected on this one, that the average cut off for the ladies was still only 174 not 184 like the men but i will write this and post it and then have a look at the web site for holt which has all the rules in it.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

You are right Tim and the cut for the Restricted is 184 for men and 174 for ladies still.

The Classic was discussed at the AGM in Adelaide with regards to changing the averages for the ladies to be the same as the mens. I was actually one of the people that spoke against that change AT THE MOMENT.

The Classic was a great success this year. However, it was a new event and it needs to get out and be known by a lot more bowlers. There were teams that needed to draft ladies. My opinion is that if you wish to make it a success, make sure that all zones are able to field a team with their own bowlers first. If we build on the current format too quickly, we may stand a chance of loosing some of the zones.

Liz

I agree with every thing you say there Gunther oh and its Tix not Tim lol or plain old Michael will do lol

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

OOps i went and did it to you liz calling you your hubby's name lol sorry i just looked at the profile and only noticed liz at the bottom of the message, i guess we can all make that mistake lol.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

Back
Top Bottom