Holt Challenge 2009

good luck to everyone rolling off this weekend hope that you all bowl well and look forward to seeing some good scores. :)

and to jeanette you go for it girl and even if ya dont make it tassie will have ya.:p

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your thoughts for the weekdend and if I do not make the team more than happy to bowl for Tassie

Love

Jeanette

Good luck to all those bowlers for today, sorry busy at work and the weekend got here before i knew it so i didnt get to wish you all good luck before hand. see you all in Canberra. Mel (NQ)

Hey guys,
When will your day 2 scores be posted? we are all anxiously awaiting the results!!!
In advance I would like to offer my congratulations to all those making the teams and commiserations to the unsuccessful. It would have been a tough battle. Cheers
Dallas

Sorry but I only just got home. It's only a 250km drive home!!

Congratulation go to

Classic team
Peter Coburn
Tony Pappin
Glenn David
Jeanette Kent
Val Porteous
Ingrid Coburn

Restricted Men
Gunther Czmok
Gary Pett
Scott Morris
Glenn David
Daniel Lim
Neville Carter
Alex Ralston

Restricted Ladies
Jeanette Kent
Val Porteous
Robyn Bull
Sue Wheeler
Alicia Mercieca
Lynda Gunn
Tracy Broadbent

On a personal note, I would like to thank Steve and all the staff at Mentone Bowl for doing a great job. No break downs the first day and only 2 minor ones yesterday. Top effort guys!!

I would also like to thank the cafe staff, who really looked after me. Especially Yuri who had some challenging situations to work with at times.

To Peter Coburn and Ronda Hatchard, you have my greatest appreciation for what you do for the sport. Doing the scoring on the weekend gave me a greater understanding of what you have to deal with.

Congratulations to all who made the team. I know you will do us proud in Canberra in September. A few personal notes:

Peter Coburn - that was some awesome bowling and just remember NO PRESSURE!!
Jason Motta - I think I was more disappointed for you than you were.
Lynda Gunn - it's been a long time between drinks but so happy you made the team. The first ever ladies De Veer captain is back!!!

Bring on September...........

Liz

To all who qualified for their respective teams.

Contgratulations to all. Good Results too :)

See you all at Belco.

That is what i see Jeff.

So much for trying to beat NSW

its a prediction. NSW win numbers for roll off and now we are going to take the classic shield too.

Now let me see, all of last years men in classic got beaten, that means the class of bowler must be better as they averaged higher than last years team.
Makes them very hard to beat;);):D:D:eek:

Gunther

Hi all,

Here are the final results of this weekends roll-offs along with all the scores throughout both days.

Congratulations again to this years teams and a big thank you to all bowlers who supported the event this year.

Thank you to Steve Arundell and his staff at Mentone along with the tournament committee for a great event.

Attachments

• Holt Challenge Victoria 2009 Roll-Offs.pdf
    85.8 KB · Views: 91
On a personal note, I would like to thank Steve and all the staff at Mentone Bowl for doing a great job. No break downs the first day and only 2 minor ones yesterday. Top effort guys!!

I would also like to thank the cafe staff, who really looked after me. Especially Yuri who had some challenging situations to work with at times.

To Peter Coburn and Ronda Hatchard, you have my greatest appreciation for what you do for the sport. Doing the scoring on the weekend gave me a greater understanding of what you have to deal with.

Congratulations to all who made the team. I know you will do us proud in Canberra in September. A few personal notes:

Peter Coburn - that was some awesome bowling and just remember NO PRESSURE!!
Jason Motta - I think I was more disappointed for you than you were.
Lynda Gunn - it's been a long time between drinks but so happy you made the team. The first ever ladies De Veer captain is back!!!

Bring on September...........

Liz

Thanks Liz, Glen's last game was a great effort and there was not much else I could do but keep on watching ten pin after ten pin stand for me!
Thats bowling, but hopefully I may be part of the Fusion Team ;)

First of all I would like to thank all bowlers who bowled on the weekend what can you say great bowling to all the new bowlers enjoy & many thanks to Steve & his staff if you have not been to the NEW MENTONE drop in you will be surprised.Many thanks to Briana Tomasinski Holt Challenge Victoria are very lucky to have some one with so much passion for the sport & many thanks to the committee for a job well done.

Darrell & Chris Holt

THE VICS ARE COMING IN 09 SEE YOU ALL IN CANBERRA

Does anyone have any news on who has crossed to the dark side, meaning has anyone been picked p from the draft/fusion?

Oh i see, I was waiting for some kind of yes/no correspondance but I guess that didnt happen.
I must say I am dissapointed to average 204 to finish 4th in the Vic trials, be a part of last years winning classic team, top average of the Event, 3rd in the classic masters 2nd in the classic All-Events................ breath....... and not get selected in the fusion team.
I was really looking forward to it. :(:confused1:
Oh well, guess i will go on that end of season football trip afterall.

Good luck

The word 'selected' might have set a bit of a false expectation there, it was 'drawn'

Ohhhhh, that was not mentioned at any time....... and I was even pumped up further by words from a few people with influence that "I had form so should be selected", I am not sure even board people knew it was drawn because it was communicated that after all the teams had taken their drafts then the fusion team was 'picked' from the rest! So you can see my disapointment.
But I dont hold any bad feelings, did my best and didnt make it.
Thanks for clearing that up Jeff, appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom