Hobart Masters

scooter

Hey DJ or Androo

Someone told me Hobart Masters is the week before Rachuig Roll-offs .....

Can you confirm or deny this for me ... just interested cos as you guys know I really need the tournament practice after not having bowled for 5 months!!!

Thanx
icon_confused.gif

Scooter.......Who knows, we don't!!

One thing I can tell you though, is that unless soemthing is done about the lane machine ($20,000 machine, and no one can work the bastard!), and the condition of the machinery, no one will bowl.......it got that bad tonight, that the league is thinking of boycotting next week...WE'VE HAD ENOUGH!!!!!!

hey scott mate ummm i'll ask chris springer about it and get the dates and get back to yas.....

cheers

luko

Morning Scoot, Androo, Adam.

That probably would not be an ideal weekend if that was the plan.

It is the same weekend as the Queensland Super 6 tournament. This may only involve 2 or 3 of our bowlers, but we want as many as possible at our events.

Secondly 2 weekends in a row in Hobart may be a bit of a stretch for some bowlers.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Regards,
Brett

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Hi guys

From the information that I have been given, the Hobart Adult Championships are the 20th & 21st of April and the Hobart Junior Championships are a week later on the 27th & 28th of April.

Glad that I could be of assistance, if you would like to know anything else (when will Collingwood win there next premiership ??, when will bowling centres provide a condition that everybody likes???, when will I bowl my next 300 ???) JUST ASK.
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Gazza,

I can answer those questions for you!

I'd say Collingwood's next premiership would be around about 2022 (but preferably never again!)... it took 32 years for them to get their last one, and I don't think they've improved any.

Your next 300?? working on a similar theory, it should be around 2020 ... after all it did take you some time to register the first!!! just joking ... im sure it will be before your 50
icon_smile.gif
... oh ... are you 50 yet??? lol ....my bad ... just fishing that's all!!!

And lane condition that everyone likes ...... hmmm ... wonder if there's a centre up in heaven?? ... best chance of that happening I'd say!!

But back to the topic ...... DJ or Androo, I know it's not your responsibility, but could you guys possibly confirm dates and get some entry forms sent up .... thanx.

Scooter

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

so gazza, just ask you reckon ... can I have answers for the following;

when will bboy leave a 5-7-10?? cos i wanna be there!

will devonport ever be a high scoring centre again without it being knocked down and rebuilt??

who will bowl the next 300 in tassie??

how much will the bombers win this years premiership by??

that will do for now .... think ill just see if you can answer those questions to my satisfaction! haha .... thankyou wiseman-crick!

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

I made a special trip down to Hobart today just to collect an entry form - the things I do for you guys!!!!

Well, I have read the entry form and all I can say is " I AM SO CONFUSED"

The form has quite a few mistakes but if I am reading it right, this is the way it goes :-

Both the adult & junior championships will be bowled at the same time.

All the graded events will be bowled on the 20th & 21st April.

All the Masters finals will be bowled on the 27th & 28th April. Check in for the Open Masters is 9.30 am Saturday the 27th. Restricted Masters will be bowled Sunday the 28th - no check in time is mentioned, so I assume that it will be 9.30 am the same as the Open Masters.

Again, if I am reading the entry form correctly, there are no qualifying squads on the second weekend. If this is the case, I can't see to many northern bowlers qualifying the first weekend and then making the trip down the Midlands Highway to bowl in the masters final the next week.

I will make a couple of phone calls over the next few days and if i am reading the entry form correctly, I will be strongly suggesting that the Tournament Director makes a few changes to the entry form post haste.

Hi Scott, THE WISEMAN here.

I have dusted the crystal ball off and these are my predictions :-

* BBoy will leave a 5-7-10 in the 5th frame of his first game at Devonport in the State Masters final.

* Devonport lanes will only improve when they develop a full maintenance program - your guess is as good as mine when that will happen?

* The next Tasmanian to bowl a 300 - take your pick, any league bowler at Burnie.

* Sorry to tell you this Scooter, but Essendon are going to finish 9th ( miss the finals on percentage from the Kangaroos) and Kevin Sheedy will resign at the end of the final home and away game.

The WISEMAN has spoken.

wow.. ok i am going to have a word to chris springer.. and slap him if necessary. and i do believe it will be lol

when i see him next i and going to hand him a clue and help him organise the event because i do want to see as many of you northen bowlers down as possible
icon_smile.gif

also if anyone needs a place to stay i have room at my place..

cheers

Luko

Please old wiseone:

* Will the next 300 bowler at Burnie be a beginner lefty backup bowler, with no fingers, using a ramp, and with a 6lb house ball?? LMAO

* When will Moonah use oil instead of sand on their lanes?

* Will Tasmania ever get an "up to date" bowling centre??

* Will Devonport ever get pins on spot??

I thought you could answer them all, old wiseone, except the last question. I don't think even you can see THAT FAR ahead!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Young Grasshopper

hey DJ i wonder why you want more launnie's down in hobart lmfao hehehehehe

Hi Androo, THE WISEMAN here.

You ask some very difficult questions for a YOUNG GRASSHOPPER, but I will do my best.

* The next 300 in Burnie will be bowled by a young lady, right handed, wears a wrist support and will bowl it with a Trauma ER. The vibes I am getting say that it will be bowled at the end of April or early May.

* Moonah with OIL, not in your life time.

* Moonah will collapse and swallow itself up just like a BIG BLACK HOLE and from its ashes will rise a modern, spacious, state of the art centre with staff that care - bad news Androo, is that will not happen until the 23rd century.

* Devonport with pins on spot - refer to my previous predictation re : when will scoring improve.

THE WISEMAN has spoken.

UPDATE ON HOBART CHAMPIONSHIPS.

I have spoken with the TD and she acknowledges the points that i have raised. She is going to talk to the Tournament Committee and see if they can make some changes.

Stay tuned for further updates as they happen - your on the spot reporter.

hey wisea$$ hehe sorry i meant wiseman lol

what ya mean staff that care? i care........

nah hang on im just in it for the paycheck lol j/k

dont ask me who is on the hobart tournament committe but im guessing i have input so i'll make sure that i burn this years entry forms and use last years just changing the year lol is it that hard? lol

cheers

luko

There was entry forms for last year???

Can't remember ever seeing one. But then again, my eyes are painted on.

scott.........im no chance at leaving a 5-7-10, so u may be waiting a while!........
luko: fix the masters up man!!, thats the worst decision seen.........since jesus played full forward......for Jeruslam....lol

Mr Squiggle, one slight fault in your prediction... it hasn't been decided if Devonport is holding State
icon_biggrin.gif

And just on the off chance your prediction might come true, Mark will probably want it moved more than ever now! lol.

Seriously though, you need qualifying squads in the morning for masters. There's always been complaints from Hobart about northerners not supporting their masters. Stupid committee decisions such as this is the reason why!! Put the morning squad on and I think it's a good idea to try having the juniors and seniors bowling at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom