Hobart Major??

Hi,

Just wondering wasnt there some talk about a major Tournament for hobart this year??... if so is anything happening in regards to the event??

Cheers

Bruv

FYI everybody, this is from the Calendar on the TBA Website

Hobart Cup May 27th-28th Hobart, Tas

WOO - HOO!

Same weekend as Arafura Though. Guess it gives everbody in the country an Option to Bowl a Ranked Event that weekend!

GUS said:
FYI everybody, this is from the Calendar on the TBA Website
Hobart Cup May 27th-28th Hobart, Tas
WOO - HOO!
Same weekend as Arafura Though. Guess it gives everbody in the country an Option to Bowl a Ranked Event that weekend!
Heh Sweeet!!
Might have to roll the arm over meself. Been a long time between drinks for The Cup, last one was staged back in '88 or '89 - Steve Bell won it and it was shown on TasTv back then.

Great to see it back!!

Victoria AMF are actually running 6 tournaments next year, similar to the Super Six.
There are 5 tournaments in Victoria & one in Tasmania.
The Tassie one I'm sure is on the 6th-7th of May next year in Moonah.
So i'm not sure if this is the same tournament that you are talking about or another one.
Hope this helps.

Jenny ;)

Having the Hobart Cup will be awesome. It will truly be a big year for Tassie bowling next year.

Peace
Chris

STOP PRESS!!

According to the TBA Calendar at 9.33pm, 14-11-05 we are having not 1 but 2 Hobart Cups.

One on the 27th-28th of May and the other on the 26th-27th August!!

I guess they feel sorry for us and are trying to make up for lost years. LOL

They dont seem to match up with the dates that Jenny gave us either.

So at this point in time we have 3 different dates for a tourney.

Maybe we are going to have qualifying at 2 different times and have the finals on the last one. HAHAHA

Hopefully someone can advise us which is the right one

LOL

Right o, im in... making my come back to tournament bowling at sa cup, so looking forward to the major's in Tasmania, great place to live and bowl, well live anyway :p

Mark

Found this on Patrick Birtigs, Bowlers World site. This explains the AMF circuit for Vic and Tas that Jenny was talking about. Have a read

Accordinging to the TBA website, Hobart cup is now the 26th-27th of august, week before SPC.

Attachments

• Grand_Prix.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
Hey Gus, Just looked at the pdf file & this was the tournament circuit that I was talking about.
But the funny thing is, I'm sure the flyer I saw had the Hobart Cup down for the first week in May.
But there must have been a error on them, seeing most people have the 27-28th of May down for the Hobart Cup.
I think its great that Tassie is getting tournaments back there. I've never been to Tassie & I'm looking forward to coming down there to bowl.
Jenny ;)

yeah what you said bruv .....

but the more the better really ..... will need some mainlanders to come down to push up the prize fund for the tassie bowlers to take home when they win!

Definately May 27th & 28th 2006.
icon12.gif

Dj bruv on da mix said:
Jedi Bowler, if it is a doubles event make sure you bring your mum! :D
Bruv

That is the Funniest thing ever hehehe anyways cya thursday night Frosty and have we got a Definate weekend that is on but i probaly won't make it cause i wanna stick to the youht series.
Chris good work Dj Bruv Funny Man

Sorry to advise guys, but you will struggle to get a majority of the Vics that would travel to an interstate event that weekend.

Reason is Victorian Rachuig Trails are on that weekend as well.

Also 1 week prior to Perth Cup, 2 weeks prior to Melb Cup, and only a week after K&K in QLD.

Very expensive series of 4 weeks.

Bugs said:
Date Change as advised on the TBA website
10 Hobart Cup Aug 26th-27th Hobart, Tas

Ahh that's interesting, heard the exact opposite the other night.
Maybe the thinking is to try and maximise the possibility of a number of mainland entrants I guess.
I guess we'll know one way or t'other eventually.

hey, dont think expense will be an issue, from victoria, you can get here for the cost 10 tram tickets :p , serisouly it will cost around 180 return, if that, seeing as its during winter (bring ur thermals!!) fair chance it will be cheaper

Bruv

If the weekends do not clash with Vic events, l am sure a number of us will travel across, as a great chance for a look at where the Nats will be, and get a feel for the centre.

Back
Top Bottom