Help Needed

LickwidGreen

Captain
I have been bowling for several years now... but ever since i purchased a new wrist brace i had problems with gettin a blood blister on the top of my finger (ring finger i think is the correct term) over a long period of time, example bowling tourniments.

Anyways i have been talkin with a few people and they say i should alter the pitch in my finger grips... any suggestions on how to rectify this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Lidwid Green, I would suggest you see your ball driller to rectify this problem. If this has been going on for a period of time you are not aware of the possible fault of the drilling or maybe you are not holding the ball correctly.
From what I can gather from your post is, let us assume that you bowl fingertip with inserts, that the ball is 1, Span over stretched, 2, Finger inserts too tight, 3, Your not putting the fingers in far enough, i,e; up to the first crease at the top of the insert.
It would be advisable to see a reputable ball fitter,it's good to ask around, not some AMF centered Assistant Manager being forced to drill balls as part of thier job discription.
willey.

Ludwig Green

I suggest you follow Willeys advice and seek out an experienced ball driller to identify what is causing the blistering. I have used a Cobra Wrist guard for almost 20 years and have never experienced blistering in tha area you have.

For it to be occurring at the top of the finger suggests that an abnormal amount of stress or strain is being experienced in this area.

As your location is listed as Mildura I suggest you see Rob or Lisa Garioch and get them to look at you bowling and to check out your equipment. The sooner you sort this out the better as this may be causing other parts of the hand to experience unneccessary stress.

Hi Ludwig
Willey is right, but it sounds as though your span maybe to long. If it is only pitching, ask your ball driller to only pitch plug your fingers. This when you only fill the finger holes to the top of the ball level. No drilling out required. And then redrill down through the same holes. This gives the appearence that the ball has never been plugged.
Jeff.

Yeah i have spoken with rob.. but im actually now living in the echuca/moama region... but robs agreed to help me with this problem when i go to Mildura next... i will just have to hold off bowlin till that time comes....
Thanks anyways guys... been a great help

Back
Top Bottom