Columbia 300 has anyone reviewed a jinx please

Macka69

I would like to know if anyone has a jinx and what they think of it as I'm hoping to buy one for my 15yr old daughter.

Lyndon

Mine is awesome.....I use it as a dryer lane ball...but i am a fairly quick lefty with not much hand....this ball i can throw straight up the boards and has a very predictable roll...fairly heavy roll too.....the drilling on it is only a label drilling too....pin beside the ring finger and the cg under the palm
Drilled one for a No Thumber a few weeks back and he loves it...gives him all the hook he can handle plus some..
Definately a ball to have in your arsenal...especially when everything seems to be hooking a little too hard...

This is one i did about 6 weeks ago when i got mine.

JINX

Coverstock: Big Flip Reactive
Core: Single Density Stair Step
OOB Finish: 2000 Degree Polish

Drilling: Pin above ring finger with the cg in the middle of the span

When i bought this ball i had no pearl balls in my bag so i chose the new JINX to fill the gap and WOW! I wanted the ball to get down the lane and not move too much or too hard and thats exactly what it does. This Teal/Blue/Silver gem gets through the heads superbly and retains its energy in the midlane. Once this ball exits the oil pattern..............LOOK OUT! The Jinx makes a smooth predictable move into the pocket. The carry that this ball delivers is insane. Say goodbye to corner pins because when this baby hits flush, they dont stand. Go a little light, messengers are flying EVERYWHERE!

Overall Impression: 9.5/10

Thanks goes out to Columbia 300 for releasing this great ball and thanks also to Patrick Birtig at AMF Moorabbin for laying out and drilling this beast.

Matt Watson

Ball: Columbia JINX

Drilling: 4 x2 , balance hole at 5 1/2" side weight 0

Expectations: This ball fits in above a scout, a low price reactive ball designed for medium to dry conditions. The JINX is smoother at the breakpoint than the High JINX. I havent drilled a weaker ball like this in a while (most lefties dont have to :D)

Result: Second game at Milton whilst subbing 300! This ball was exactley what I had guessed, covered only a few boards but was very predictable at the breakpoint. I coudlnt get this ball to flip for the life of me, it was just smooth....

I can't see myself using this ball much as I tend to use stronger equipment but it was a pleasant surprise and no doubt would get a run in North Queensland or Darwin :D It's a great ball and for the higher rotation players this is almost a must, a great ball for the drier heads and a good way of controlling the breakpoint. Strictly for medium to dry conditions only!

It's now in the hands on Ronald V from NT, apparently the JINX is happier with his new owner than it was with me.

A great ball for a beginner bowler too looking to make the transition from plastic or scout to a stronger reactive. Hope this helps

George

Many Thanks to all for their help with the reviews of this ball.
Hoping to start my daughter hook bowling with this ball, she is a right hand low rev stroker like myself so hopefully it will be a good replacement for her old Shadow/R wich we got second hand.
She really likes the look of the ball as well.
I will be seeing Patrick Birtig about this ball soon.
Many thanks
Lyndon

Back
Top Bottom