Harvey Bay Junior Wide Bay Circuit

dominic, there were procedures that had to be followed to decide where the replacement would be. thought you'd be pleased, you bowled better there than gladstone :) lol

wat the **** how the **** can u bowl at the same place twice cant u have it at garden city if u r going to do that u should do the whole circurt twice

Calm down buddy. Its only 1 place twice and its to replace Hervey bay. Plain and simple if you don't like it don't go to it then.

I think rather than worrying purely about where the wide bay stops are held, the matter should be what the tournament is about. Although being called a circuit one would think that it would be at different centres each time, although hiccups do occur.

Its great to see that there still is a circuit going around for juniors to have the chance and the opportunity to bowl at different centres around qld. But I must ask the question of, do the bowlers get a condition to bowl on at each centre? Whether it is an easy or hard or dry or wet condition, it will help the juniors learn. Simply turning up to the "tournament" with the lanes not conditioned at all, and getting the left over rubbish on the lanes from social play or leagues on there before is not of any help to these juniors.

It may be okay for the juniors that just want to bowl and thats it, but for those who are using this wonderful tournament to travel around and bowl at different centres with different people and learn from every time they bowl to better themselves for future bowling like state teams or youth and adult bowling, they gotta have something fair to bowl on..

Just my two cents worth and maybe something for others to think about.

Hi all this is Lynn, firstly thanks Prue for info, secondly as Shaun pointed out there are rules and procedures for any sporting event, Yes, even for Ten Pin Bowling, and as such centres not already part of the overall circuit/committee cannot be offered the stop, so Guys and Girls get your centre involved if you would like them to host an event. I understand there is a committee meeting in November, Peter at Bundy, is the President of Junior Circuit so he is the guy your centre should get in-touch with for more info. And as pointed out, does it really matter you are still getting the stop and the chance for a "good bowl" hopefully! and the chance for you all to meet up again, if this is stop change is the worse thing that happens to you this year you are very lucky, Dom don't sweat the small stuff.... See you at Kingaroy, Regards Lynn

Lynn, couldn't have put it better myself. By the way for anyone who is thinking of doing the trip to Kingaroy in the one day, David advises that check-in is 10.30 am and we will start at 11.00 am. Entry forms will be available in the next day or so. Prue

Message to all Junior Bowlers, & Parents,
Bundaberg will now be hosting the Bundaberg Awesome Juniot Tenpin Classic on Sunday 10th August, due to the cancellation of the Kingaroy Junior Circuit event. This will be part of the 2008 Qld State Junior Circuit.
To enter this event you can call Emma Groves at Bundy Bowl & Leisure on 07 4152 4334, email at [email protected] or send me a pm on this site.
This event is open to 36 Bowlers. Names will be updated daily.
We look forward to seeing you take part in this event.

sorry, but we already have another event on for the Saturday. we cancelled a tournament we had set down for Sunday as it was.

Back
Top Bottom