Harvey Bay Junior Wide Bay Circuit

Rat420

x_"+He Hi+m4n"_X
Harvey Bay Stop. Word was Harvey Bay had pulled out. Lynn from Gladstone kindly phoned yesterday and got confirmation of that Harvey Bay would not be hosting Aug 10 stop.
Can we please have formal confirmation of this as many bowlers had left by the time Lynn phoned.
Will any other centre step in for this date next year? How would they go about it? Yes I am thinking of Rocky, and I know the cries may-be "Hell No",
But Hey, from our point of view it would be lovely not to have to travel for at least no stop.....And as ever Rocky lanes would be a challange.
And before you all start jumping all over Richard (Rat) this is his mum Lynn writing the post not him!!!!!

I spoke to David, the owner at Hervey Bay Tenpin Bowl just now and he said they still hadn't made a definite decision as to whether this would be held or not but will advise over the next few days.

If Rocky would like to step up I think that would be good for the kids but would it be possible to have it either late Saturday afternoon or earlier on Sunday as it is a long way to travel especially for those that come from Brisbane.

I am Shaun & Daniel's mum.

Has anyone ever thought of askin Garden city lanes they always put there hand up for bowling comps and to help the bowling community out.

I spoke to David, the owner at Hervey Bay Tenpin Bowl just now and he said they still hadn't made a definite decision as to whether this would be held or not but will advise over the next few days.
If Rocky would like to step up I think that would be good for the kids but would it be possible to have it either late Saturday afternoon or earlier on Sunday as it is a long way to travel especially for those that come from Brisbane.
I am Shaun & Daniel's mum.
Lynn here, I have no idea if Rocky would be interested, I was just "dipping my toe in the water" I would only hope that they may-be, John MacK has just gone away so would not be available to ask until he gets back which would be after 6th Aug, I am sure if we could get them "on board" we could perhaps run a youth Saturday late afternoon/night and junior Sunday, but as I said we have to get them on board first.
I hope Harvey Bay get sorted soon cos I was just about to change our accom which has been booked for ages....

I am sure if we could get them "on board" we could perhaps run a youth Saturday late afternoon/night and junior Sunday.
GOOD LUCK with that Lynn. It's like banging your head against a brick wall as hard as you can. :frusty2: You should know that.;) I like your enthusiasm to give it ago though.

Hi Geoff, Oh! yes I know I am up against it...However, no "dipping of toes" one will never know, just how hard it can be...So the story so far is, we Rocky will host Sunday 10th August, if one, Harvey Bay pull the plug, and of course secondly (perhaps most importantly) if we are allowed to host tournament. We can also run "youth" late Saturday afternoon/evening to perhaps make it worth while making the trip.
So it's now it's up to the "powers that be" to decide, I have rounded up a few sponsors. Yes, I have been a busy girl today.
So guys and girls but firstly Harvey Bay to let us know what the go is....So over to you all. Lynn

Lynn, my concern is if we don't know until after 6th August it will be almost impossible to get accommodation organised. Is there anyway, if Hervey Bay pull out, we can get an answer on whether Rocky are interested? If not, is there any other centre out there who are interested in hosting a replacement tournament on 10th August???

We at Maryborough we run a second on a different oiling condition and that way everybody that has booked a motel will still be able to keep there plans.

It has been a topic of discussion at Bundy Bowl. we would do it if required. would take a bit of shuffling of other tournaments but can be done.

As I said we have penciled in the dates with Rocky bowl, but we are all waiting for some advise from the "powers that be" as to what the "go" is with Hervey Bay, come on lets please have answer from Hervey Bay before it's to late for any centre to take over this date. Yes, of course we would like it in Rocky, cos it would be nice not to travel for once, however my main concern is that this date is not lost. Or worse still parents don't have enough time to make arrangements and the date becomes a flop.
Regards to you all Lynn

It is now official that Hervey Bay have decided to cancel the round to be held there on the 10th August 2008. The President of the Wide Bay Circuit has advised me today that a replacement round will be held at Kingaroy and flyers will be dispatched in the next day or 2. Prue

Many thanks Prue, now we just need recommendation for accom cos the last place we stayed at we will not be staying again. So any ideas, we need family size accom. Many thanks Lynn

Lynn, we stayed at the Oasis Motel, Walter Road, Kingaroy last time and there were 5 of us. Phone number is 41622399. The Big 4 Caravan Park also has cabins which sleep 5 (double bed in one room and double bunk bed with single on top in another room). Sorry I don't have their phone number. Hope this helps, see you in Kingaroy. Prue

Lynn you can also make an enquiry on their website which I found by googling Motel Oasis Kingaroy. Hope this helps. Prue

Rat here, So is the replacement definately gonna be kingaroy, and run as a round in the wide bay ciruit, with points that contribute to the end of year tally? or is it just gonna be a tournament to replace hervey bay that is a one of and has nothing to do with the grandprix?

wat the **** how the **** can u bowl at the same place twice cant u have it at garden city if u r going to do that u should do the whole circurt twice

Back
Top Bottom