Gympie - URGENT!!!!

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Gympie has 23 bowlers and will run the event on 30 thanks to some handy sponsors. If you are interested in bowling this weekend, ring them asap on 0754826688 and write your name down. If they don't get 30 by Wednesday it will be cancelled.

See you all there, hopefully

George

Come on Guys,
7 more to we can have a roll at Gympie.
icon_smile.gif

I refer a previous post quoted saying we have too many tournaments at once........I believe the post was 11 tournaments in 11 weeks.

Well this is week 2 of this 11 week circuit and it looks like we may be 2 from 2 cancelled.

Way to go bowlers! At this rate does anybody care to speculate of this 11 week circuit how many events will actually go ahead.

I applaud Jeffs efforts in the proposed Milton tournament to be held in the new year, and wonder just what it will take to restore interest in qld tournament bowling.

At this rate it looks like proprietors schedule tournaments at their own risk.

Cheers guys and look forward to seeing you at Gympie..............maybe.

May the bowling gods be with us.........if we ever get the chance to bowl in an event.

PS. This post is not meant to offend. Merely a tongue in cheek observation about our circuit happenings at the moment.

Jon King
icon_wink.gif

The answer to your question was in some way revealed last weekend at Caboolture. Read the results of the sports condition tournament . It may not be the whole answer but it is a big step forward.

Get rid of the fake scores and you might be a chance of having some tournaments to bowl in!!!
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

Gympie is going ahead! At the moment they have 25 bowlers, there is no more A & B squad, they are both combined on Saturday for a group squad at 2pm. Finals on the Sunday is still the same, see everyone there. 1st place is $600, they are paying down to 12th, thats almost 2 in 1.

See everyone there

GYMPIE HAS BEEN CANCELLED - DUE TO LACK OF ENTRIES AND BOWLERS PULLING OUT BECAUSE OF REDUCED PRIZE FUNDS.

Here are a few considerations:

* Does it really matter WHAT lane condition is put down. All bowlers at the tournament are competing on the same conditions and at the end of the day if the average is 240 or 180 does it really matter?
* If there are too many tournaments on and that is why people are not bowling; we will not have this problem for very long - the way tournaments are being cancelled I doubt that centres will be willing to forfeit open play for tournaments that are not being supported by tournament bowlers (Again plug to Jeff for his tourney at Milton - looking forward to it).
* I find it difficult to believe that each individual bowling centre cannot find at least, and I mean at least 10 bowlers for each tournament held within its centre - In house incentives for league bowlers (reduced rates etc).

Anyway guys, I do not know what it will take to revive a sadly dwindling tournament scene - if an effort is not made soon then we may not have to worry about too many tournaments - there will be none left.

Enough sadness HAVE A SUPER DAY, dudes.

May the bowling gods knock all our 7 pins down.

Regards

Jon King
icon_smile.gif

GYMPIE IS CANCELLED!!!!

They had 4 bowlers drop off at the last minute, the centre did not want to run the event on 21 bowlers. Another one bites the dust, another dissappointing no show from most of Brisbanes bowlers.

hi all, just a post to answer jon question does it really matter what condition is put down?YES YES YES now jon i don't how long you have been up here in sunny qld but conditions rule what tournaments people will attend.

look at redcliffe this year they have $2000 for first paying down to 40 out of 80 and most lefties won't be there(hey george) after the last couple of redcliffe opens were the right was wide open and the left closed why waste time and money on a uneven condition.
now for the righties alot of them won't go to greenslopes because it used to be a lefties house and after the rachuig roll offs at chermside this year there will be righthanders that won't bowl there because of how big the left is compared to the right. so as you can see conditions do hold the answer.

now 240 ave vs 180 ave yes there are bowlers out there that won't waste time or money to show up and bowl on a ditch were u need to ave 240 to cut or win.( robbie buckley won't go to caboolture)he has stated before that when it comes down to a carry fest equipment makes the difference between cashing and not.
i will not bowl at caboolture because i don't feel that i can ave 240 to keep up(but put down the sport condition and count me in)when u need to ave 240 1 bad game and it is over!!

now the same arguement can be used when the scores are too low alot of todays elite don't want to struggle and ave 190 they want to score 240+ so they won't show up were it is tough and there are others who think that when it is tough they have a greater chance of making money and would rather bowl on something hard.

now last weekend we put down the sport condition and maybe saw what tournament bowling needs to get people back. the condition was fair on both sides score were good with out being over the top, equipment was replaced by accuracy and speed control and the most consistent bowler won!!!!

Personally I believe that Chermside is pretty open on the right as well. Think of where the people that scored at Rachuig trials were shooting (if you were there) and you will then know where to shoot on the right too.

Back
Top Bottom