Girl Talent???

P

*purplePIXIE*

I was just wondering what the scene is like as far as female bowlers in SA?
I was overlooking last years juniors and there were very low placings!

this years Junior team had a real good chance because most of them were ten board bowlers, unfortunatly i think the team was fairly young and green. there shots were perfect tug and they put in the great effort in training, i think that this year is going to be alot better now with the experience.

i think the main problem here in S.A is depth. most of the U25's teams barely formed teams or didnt field a female team. I mean there is a decent bunch of ladies who can bowl (Clair Johnston, Kerry Ann Klop, Louise Ingoe etc...) but theres simply no depth. the same names pop up all the time. I mean only 9 ladies tried out for rachuig! Its a pity.

There are a couple of extremely talented girls at Woodville, but you probably won't see them for atleast five years...

Pete It's not that the ladies don't have depth , maybe it's also a money factor? there is alot of depth here in sa but money is a major factor , I mean you know how much it costs to represent your state , some just don't have that kind of money.

And yes only 9 ladies tried out for Rachuig does not mean we don't have depth , some may prefer to just stick to youth while they can...........who knows but there certainly is depth in this state.

and under 25's to me is one of the best tourneys in SA , but i think it was steted in another thread , it too cost the bowlers between 100 and 200 to represent your centre , again money was a factor. And for some well.....we just aged out:(

So I guess my point is that there is depth in the state , thats not the problem , money seems to be the issue in most cases.

just my point:D

hey tash and the girls

you if bowling centre,s where more organised for under 25,s cost would not be so high our under 25,s team only paid 30 each just by putting can bins around the bowl. but unfortunaley alot off bowls leave it too late we are all ready collecting for under 25,s this year

but girls look out for tash in 2006 she is going to be on fire you go tash

from your freind simmo

hey tash, sorry i took so long to reply...have been slack! you do make a good case regarding the money issue....it is stupidly expensive to bowl u25's and state level. However, the guys have to pay that amount too and there seems to be no shortage of entries! it seems theres often no motivation to bowl among the females. i know around salisbury bowl that many of the girls you'd consider 'good' bowlers, just werent intersted. yes, money may have been a factor for sure, but its a pity that there is only a handful of ladies who are willing to give these tourneys a go. so what im saying is that talent wise, there may be a mile of capable female bowlers, but when you look at the tournament entries, theres so little, in comparison to males....

Seeya around tash. was that your name i saw on the northern open list? i hope so..i'll seeya there anyways

Peter Oliver

Back
Top Bottom