Bowling in SA (starting out)?

slayer

Hi everyone... I live near Parafield airport and i am looking at getting into tenpin bowling. I will undoubtably take it pretty serious, as i do with all sports i get into, and so i was wondering where is a good place to go to bowl? i would prefer to go somewhere where there are good bowlers so that i can learn from watching them... it would also be good to know of a good proshop with someone who knows a lot about the equipment side of things as i need to get a bowl, shoes etc... i would prefer to start out with decent equipment...

any advice is muchly appreciated as other then socially i have never got seriously into tenpin bowling and i have no idea about the bowling scene here in SA.

Cheers!

Hi mate AMF Village Bowl is a centre to bowl we are looking for bowlers on friday night and they have a pro shop there also i'm coach up there you can send me PM

Slayer,

As seriously as you want to take the sport, handicap leagues are the way to go,initially at least. There are also some very competitive handicap leagues as well. I look after the pro shop at AMF Village Bowl, and if you want any advise at all, don't hesitate to call the bowl and book an appointment.

Back
Top Bottom